Fancy surfing your way into the ultimate job in creative communications? Excess Energy seeks a talented, hungry Graduate Trainee Account Executive with experience in the sector.
Based right near the beach in Cornwall, Excess Energy is on the hunt for a brilliant individual, who’s looking to make waves in the creative sector, working across a range of exciting clients and communications platforms.
This new opening is for a key team player who will play a supportive role right across the agency’s work, and around the office. The role offers the opportunity for a driven, flexible and sparkling personality, with great writing skills, to carve the first important learnings and campaign results of their career in the ever-dynamic world of marketing communications.
The business has grown steadily over the last decade, and is committed to further sustained and creative development in the right directions. This agency doesn’t want to be big for the sake of it. It’s much more important to all involved that Excess Energy’s work is interesting, standout, effective and valuable - and that the results that the team generates ensure delighted clients and keeps the company in demand.
There is an opportunity for the right individual to play a pivotal role in the ongoing development of the agency’s fresh digital products and services, and to input to the future direction of the agency in the ever-evolving communications sphere.
The successful candidate will be strongly supported by all members of the team, but will have a full, ongoing induction and development programme via the Account Manager (who is herself a fast-tracked Graduate Trainee with the team.) In-house and appropriate out-of-house industry training will be provided and the Excess Energy personal development scheme is bespoke to the individual, encouraging not just ongoing development that matches the team member’s skills needs, but also personal motivations.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Communications, Media or related subject
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong media contacts
- Strong writing and excellent grammatical skills with the ability to prepare press releases and other media materials and marketing content
- Ability to help create, implement and drive new digital and social media campaigns
- The ability to handle reactive press enquiries in positive manner
- Under the Account Manager’s direction - prepare briefs, commission and oversee design and photography shoots
- Ability to use initiative and be responsible for delivery of small projects by yourself, under the supportive management of the Account Manager and other team members
- An ability to be creative and contribute ideas to Excess Energy new business brainstorms
- Show a desire to keep up-to-speed of trends relevant to existing and client prospects and share with wider Excess Energy team
- Demonstrate efficiency in all areas of administration and client liaison
Proud to be small and ever-enthusiastic, Excess Energy is a South West-based strategic communications and content agency. The name speaks for itself and the team works hard across a diverse range of sectors; travel, tourism, culture, the arts, design, heritage, festivals & events and food & drink, offering an innovative and effective range of PR, brand comms, events, digital marketing, social media and influencing solutions.
The current client portfolio includes Sharp’s Brewery, The Cornish Bakery, Cornwall 365, the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site, Falmouth and Newquay Business Improvement Districts (BIDs), The Star & Garter Falmouth, Healey’s Cyder Farm, The Man Engine & Golden Tree Productions, The Kahuna and Penrose Kitchen.
Excess Energy are based in a boutique office near the beaches and a short distance from the centre of Newquay. Great coffee and a buzzing atmosphere is at the core of this small, white hot team.
The closing date for applications will be: 01/03/2018