STEM Graduates into Business are pleased to be supporting Bird Eyewear with the recruitment of a Graduate Web and Digital Developer on a 3 month graduate internship. This role is open to recent graduates (with the last 3 years) from any university and a permanent position may be available for the right candidate.
Bird Eyewear are looking for a recent graduate to join the business on a 3 month internship to support the current team to undertake website development projects, with possible ground up creations. This would include problem-solving and streamlining current platform conditions, integrating new systems and maximizing ecommerce potential such as purchase speed, SEO, user journey etc.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and skilled working on website backend. We currently use WordPress, with a Divi theme builder and some bespoke coding to run other integrated elements.
You will be a recent graduate (within the last 3 years) from a computing, IT, digital media design or similar technical subject.
Essential criteria includes:
- Experience in WordPress/PHP
- Familiar with custom coded plugins, shortcodes and database management
- SEO & Speed Optimization – deferring scripts, DNS preloading and Domain Redirect
- A pro-active problem solver
- Great communication skills, working closely with a small team in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work independently on a set task and meet deadlines where appropriate
Desirable criteria includes:
- A knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel & Affiliate Tracking systems – for ecommerce and site general traffic.
- An understanding and knowledge of Liquid/ Shopify
This role is based in Exeter, Devon, with flexible home working options available.
Who are Bird Eyewear?
Bird make beautiful, design-led eyewear using high quality and sustainable materials, and for every pair sold they distribute solar light to remote communities in Africa through their Share Your Sun partnership with SolarAid.
Bird has been gaining momentum in the UK recently; becoming the first UK eyewear company to become a certified B Corp, and receiving a 2nd nomination for Frame of the Year 2020 – which they won in 2019. Bird aim to drive change in the eyewear industry by designing beautiful frames that both look good and do good.
Supported by the University of Plymouth’s business incubator, the Formation Zone, Bird Eyewear was launched in March 2018 by Ed and his two brothers Paul and Lawrence Bird. Find out more at: https://www.birdsunglasses.com/