Based in Totnes, Devon, Pilot Financial is a young business, with a progressive approach to financial advice and wealth management. Our client base is growing quickly and we are looking to expand our team with the appointment of another Graduate Trainee.
Pilot Financial Operates in two Business Areas
- Financial planning-led private client advice
- Workplace pension and employee benefit advice in the independent schools sector If you are looking for a career in financial planning/wealth management, and would like to work at well-respected firm that recognises commitment and success, then we can offer a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and experience.
The initial salary range is £20,000 - £25,000, depending on relevant experience. An annual bonus is also payable, conditional on meeting personal and business objectives.
Financial support and mentoring, designed to help you obtain the appropriate professional qualifications, will also be provided.
You can find out more about Pilot Financial on our website.
- Work with clients, financial planner(s), product providers and other third parties to gather information necessary to carry out comprehensive financial reviews.
- Prepare draft strategic financial plans (using lifetime cashflow forecasting software).
- Undertake investment and product research, as directed by the financial planner(s), to identify solutions that meet clients’ needs and objectives.
- Prepare draft suitability reports, ensuring all relevant compliance documentation is also produced for clients.
- Carry out technical analysis and prepare reports on pension taxation or other specialist services, as required.
- Act as a central point of contact and deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
- Maintain a proactive file review system, in accordance with Pilot’s contractual client service responsibilities.
- Undertake business-related administrative duties, as required.
You are motivated by wanting to build a career in financial services and interested in delivering the very best financial planning and investment solutions, with the clients’ best interests always coming first.
You are looking to develop technical and client relationship skills & experience, combining a commitment to self-study with hands-on learning in a supportive work environment.
You are able to work under pressure and take ownership of tasks, prioritising effectively to meet deadlines.
You have excellent attention to detail in both written and analytical work.
You have outstanding people skills, a positive attitude and want to work collaboratively, taking a team-based approach to financial planning.
You are always professional, ethical and discreet.
The ability and commitment to achieve a full RDR qualification (CISI investment advice qualification, CII Diploma in Financial Planning, or equivalent) within 12-18 months. Further
Details & Applications
- This is a permanent full-time position.
- The role will be fully salaried (based on experience).
- Study support will also be provided.
Your application should include a full CV and must be submitted via Gradsouthwest by clicking APPLY NOW.
This job role is being advertised under the GradTalent Development Agency - a new project which offers a personalised employment service designed to assist local* graduates secure local graduate opportunities.
You do not have to be a local* graduate to apply for this role and all applications will be considered on their merit.
However, if you are an eligible local* graduate we can help you:
- navigate through the job application, shortlisting and interview process
- by providing post-placement support designed to optimise on-boarding and ongoing development
- give advice and guidance to assist graduates with a disability secure a graduate opportunity
To take advantage of this support, please email email@example.com.
*Local graduates are defined as; graduates originally from the South West, who went to University in the South West and are looking for jobs in the South West.