Are you looking for a 12-month placement for 2021/22? Do you want real responsibility with the chance to influence the composition and production of household name coffee brands including Tassimo, Kenco, and L'Or?
This firm is home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, their coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries and includes iconic household names such as Kenco, L'Or, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts. They've built their business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love - no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
Role: 12-month Year in Industry Placements
Salary: £18,500 + £1,000 sign-on bonus
Start Date: July 2021
Deadline: 15th April
Who is the company?
- A €5 billion global business with around 15,000 associates based in 28 different countries, selling their brands in over 100 different countries around the world.
- Formed in 2015, the firm retains a start-up feel containing some of the leading brands in the Coffee and Tea industry including - Kenco, L'OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
- Their UK is headquartered in Banbury, Oxfordshire, which is one of their global 'Power Plants' responsible for producing 20,000 tonnes of coffee per year across 9 production lines.
- The UK represents a top 5 global market for the firm and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L'OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
- They believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee and with values including Entrepreneurship, Solidarity, Accountability, Simplicity and Discipline, working there offers you an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the world's largest pure-play coffee company.
- Their goal is simple but ambitious - a coffee for every cup.
What is the role?
Role: Retail, IT
Subjects: IT Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, Software Engineering
Day-to-day: The UK IT Industrial Placement supports the UK&I Cluster IT Team in ensuring that the day-to-day IT operations for end-user services, local infrastructure and applications are aligned and meet business needs and are consistent with company values and the company's business model.
The UK IT Industrial Placement supports the UK&I Cluster IT Team in ensuring that the day-to-day IT operations for end-user services, local infrastructure and applications are aligned and meet business needs and are consistent with company values and the company's business model.
Who is best suited for this role?
- We are looking for bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in.
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2021 to July 2022.
Why should you apply?
- Travel: the company provides awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £30,000 in total.
- Culture: They have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute, and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.