The Agency are a £2.5m turnover integrated marketing communications agency committed to putting the digital consumer at our heart. Founded in January 2008, The Agency is independently owned by Saman Mansourpour, Amy Stobie and Matt Rees. We have experienced accelerated growth over the past six years, this year being ranked the UK’s No. 1 Independent Small Agency by The Drum National Census. We have also won Agency of the Year at the MI Network Awards and the RAR Awards Grand Prix. We are fast becoming one of the best-known boutique agencies in the UK.
As an integrated communications agency, we approach communications planning, creative and delivery across all channels, we’re currently running TV commercials, online display advertising, social media campaigns and a number of high profile eCommerce projects. Much of our work is in the digital space.
As Junior Designer you will be able to explain design decisions, work collaboratively and have a responsibility to maintain creative team process. You will be able to work independently after being given direction by more senior designers but should be able to independently identify issues and needs. Report to senior members of the team. You will be proactive in the promotion of AUK both internally and externally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design compelling graphics for digital, online and offline marketing materials.
- Contributing to creating training sheets for new procedures, updating current templates, maintaining archiving and organising folders on the server.
- Create and maintain files for all creative assets and resources, such as software, art materials, and special fonts, which are needed for record keeping and referencing.
- Generating design concepts from verbal and written briefs.
- Assisting in agency website and social media maintenance when needed.
- Pro-actively get involved in new opportunities.
- Take ownership of projects where possible.
- Manage own time across several work streams, informing Design Director of any changes or problems that may arise.
- Work on projects alongside more senior members of the team.
- Be involved in teams coming up with great ideas.
- Produce high quality work with great attention to detail.
- Work as a team to develop concepts and generate ideas.
- Open to feedback from the Design Director and peers to benefit personal development and learning.
- Promote team motivation and creativity.
- Promote teamwork and ensure effective working relations and communication across the wider business.
- Be a brand ambassador for AUK; ensuring everything is in line with the manifesto and vision.
- Continually drive leading edge creativity and share responsibility for the teams’ creative stimulation and exposure to current trends.
You will have recently completed a design (or similar) degree.
You will have undertaken an internship or a reasonable amount of industry relevant work experience.
You will be able to present your design portfolio with competence and talk through some of your work.
You will be able to understand/demonstrate commerciality behind your design work.
To apply send us your CV and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW.