Role: Junior Developer/Data Analyst
Cloud Direct helps ambitious organisations leverage Microsoft cloud so they can compete and grow. This digital transformation helps them:
- Create new markets and engage customers
- Attract & empower employees
- Transform products and deliver new services
- Optimize their operations
Our focus today is on delivering and supporting four market-leading solutions:
- Data Centre Modernisation
- Modern Workplace
- Disaster Recovery as a Service
- GDPR Readiness
More is in you
At Cloud Direct, we have our own ambitious plans; to double in size year-on-year. This growth creates huge opportunity for A-class talent to join us on that journey.
A job at Cloud Direct is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And whatever you do, you’ll grow and be part of something exciting.
“More is in you” is a mantra that permeates the core of our culture. It means you dig deep and bring out the best in yourself.
We employ the smartest, brightest and most capable. Luckily, you seem to be attracted to us, too.
If you’re a passionate technologist who’s looking for an opportunity to build on and develop your existing skills and experience within a growing Cloud company who truly values and rewards their employees, keep reading!
We are looking for a Junior Developer/Data Analyst to join our Business Systems team of truly innovative, creative and passionate individuals. With a variety of projects, clients, you’ll be working amongst, this is a company who invests heavily in both their internal technology team and you! We are committed to helping you learn and grow.
The Junior Developer/Data Analyst will work within the Business Systems team and will assist with the integration/migration of systems and data into our core Business System ServiceNow. This will include the analysis of database structures, creation of data maps, creating structured queries to export/validate data and importing data building transform maps and import scripts.
You will assist with the test and deployment of new functionality and system enhancements, creation/maintenance of system documentation and the provision of end-user support for system issues. The role will also provide an opportunity for involvement in the full systems development lifecycle working alongside senior members of the development team.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of enhancements and project tasks
- Providing early-life support of developed system enhancements to business users
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems reported by system users
- Involvement in user acceptance testing and functional testing activities
- Collection, management and analysis & import of acquired data
Individual Traits for Success
There are many attributes and talents that can be used to help identify high performers in business. We’ve honed these down to three core traits that, when available in spades, help ensure that candidates are highly likely to succeed at Cloud Direct.
- Smart - Ability to thrive in a complex, high growth and fast changing environment.
- Hardworking - Exudes grit and resourcefulness, deploying multiple strategies to overwhelm the problem with resources; often snatching success from the jaws of defeat.
- Planful - Organised and efficient in everything; having a clear sense of purpose and direction; naturally sets and works towards ambitious goals.
Cloud Direct Five Principles
Cloud Direct has Five Principles that help define how it operates and how its people behave. They help guide our decision making and culture. We look for candidates who can live these principles.
- Mutuality - We deliver mutual benefits that endure; we are trusted for quality and reliability - and in return we believe success will flow; we aim to be fair.
- Quality - We aim to be better than others at meeting customer needs with unique and value-for-money offerings; we are uncompromising.
- Efficiency - We do more with less; we waste nothing, we have high output and low costs; we have few staff with big jobs; we only do what we can do best.
- Responsibility - We do the ‘right thing’ by ourselves and others, we set and achieve high standards, we remain accountable as individuals and teams.
- Freedom - We need freedom to shape our future; we need profit to remain free.
Qualifications and experience required
- Ability to manage workload and adapt to changing environment
- Confidence and ability to communicate well at all levels both verbally and written.
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to become involved in all aspects of the business as required
- An active interest and understanding of Cloud Technologies
- Ability to use good judgement and discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- 1 Years + development experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, primarily the use of MS Excel to transform data using formulas
- Good understanding of database & table data structures
- Experience of at least one of the following databases MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL
- Ability to read/create SQL Queries
- Basic experience of JSON/XML/Ajax desirable but not essential
What do we offer you?
- Pension contribution
- Health care cash plan
- Life Assurance/Critical Illness/Income Protection
- Birthday lunches
- Fun Fund
- Gym contribution
- Many more...
This is the perfect opportunity for ambitious individuals to develop their careers with a leading company in the transformational cloud computing industry.