A graduate is sought as a Junior Digital Strategist, for Swanky a fast-growing Digital Consulting and eCommerce leader in the Shopify movement in Europe and growing into the US, Canada and Australia. Working as part of a team of strategists, you will help in prioritising client tasks by commercial impact and driving forward the conversion rate optimisation (CRO) programmes for our clients This is a permanent, full-time role with an immediate start. The role is initially remote working, but will be based in the Exeter office when possible.
Swanky are a fast-growing Digital Consulting and eCommerce leader in the Shopify movement in Europe and growing into the US, Canada and Australia.
Their focus is on creating nimble, flexible and cost-effective enterprise commerce solutions using Shopify Plus - the fastest growing Enterprise eCommerce platform on the planet. Swanky’s growth has been achieved by helping our clients maximise their commercial potential through a team of specialists that make up a full-service ecommerce function: CRO strategists, Digital Marketers, UX Designers, SEO & Content Specialists & Project Managers.
About the Role
Swanky is looking for a commercially-minded junior strategist to join their Growth Accelerator service team. Together with the Digital Strategy Manager, Data Analyst, Project Managers and team of delivery specialists, you will help deliver strategic direction and long-term growth plans for our enterprise clients.
In this role, you will help the team of strategists in prioritising client tasks by commercial impact and driving forward the conversion rate optimisation (CRO) programmes for our clients. From creating data-lead hypotheses to analysing and evaluating experiment results, you will be vital in helping to manage and execute the end to end CRO roadmap.
This role is a great opportunity for anyone with a marketing background to gain valuable experience in digital and ecommerce strategy, conversion rate optimisation and data insights. We are looking for a creative problem solver, someone who is keen to learn and will approach all problems with a positive and can-do attitude.
- A creative problem solver, the ability to investigate and present solutions to specific problems.
- An organised individual who is able to balance several priorities at the same time and meet tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail to ensure all client work is delivered to a high standard.
- A brilliant communicator who can effectively communicate to a number of internal and external stakeholders.
- A hard-working individual who performs brilliantly in a team and is willing to get stuck in with different parts of a project as challenges arise.
- A proactive approach to work.
- An ability to use and interpret data.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is naturally excited by the opportunity to develop new skills and services in the ever-changing tech sector.
- Utilise analytics reports from the data insights team to suggest data driven test strategy and hypothesis
- Compile CRO test proposals presenting relevant data insights, analytics and variant suggestions
- Responsible for briefing designers and developers on upcoming A/B tests
- Updating CRO status sheets and roadmaps in line with task progress
- Setting up A/B tests and implementing relevant tracking to ensure accurate results can be concluded across all tests
- Monitoring live A/B tests to ensure they are not negatively impacting clients website performance and suggesting optimisations and iterations where required
- Working with the data insights team to compile A/B test results.
- Assisting the team to create monthly and quarterly review presentations for clients
- Extract actionable insights and opportunities from monthly data studio reports
- Comfortable in analysing and interpreting data
- Ability to format presentations based on a brief
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, other tools such as Hotjar are desirable
- Shopify knowledge is desirable
- Enthusiasm and passion for digital marketing
- Salary £19.5k-£22k based on experience
- Flexible working hours during the day
- Opportunity to step into the fast-growing world of ecommerce
- Fun, challenging and often high profile projects
- Opportunity to progress in our fast-evolving team
To be eligible to apply and undertake a GBP role you must meet all of the following criteria:
- achieved (or about the achieve) a full undergraduate degree (if you have a Masters or PhD you can apply)
- attended a British university or you were an ERASMUS student who has spent a year studying at a UK university
- graduated in the UK in the last 3 years from your most recent degree (or consider the extenuating circumstances of potential applicants that may have prevented them from undertaking a graduate role within 3 years of graduation).
- Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the GBP internship without the need for sponsorship, and be able to provide current Right to Work documents.
- Residency in the UK for the duration of your GBP role
We welcome all applicants and the diversity they bring, however current immigration legislation prevents the university to provide sponsorship certificates for GBPs, as they do not meet the criteria for a Tier 2 (General Visa) as explained on the International Student Support webpages
The University of Exeter is committed to developing an environment which promotes equality of opportunity, values diversity and where staff can work free from discrimination and harassment. You can find more details on the Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity webpages.
The University of Exeter is a Disability Confident Employer, committed attracting and recruiting people with disabilities, and retaining and supporting staff with disabilities.
To undertake a GBP role you must achieve your degree. In the unlikely scenario where a degree is not awarded, the GBP hours may be reduced to 15hrs a week (for undergraduates) or 6hrs a week (for postgraduates) to enable to the graduand the capacity to successfully complete their degree. If the graduand fails their degree the GBP role will end early.
Closing Date: 28/02/2021
Interview Date: 08/03/2021
Start Date: Around 15/3/2021, but can be flexible.
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org