Frugi is the UK’s bestselling organic childrenswear brand, proving that ethical and organic clothing can be bright, beautiful and successful! The company was born in 2004 and continues to grow at 25% every year, selling through a rapidly expanding network of over 500 stockists in more than 50 countries worldwide.
We strive to be ethical in everything we do, each year donating 1% of our turnover to our Little Clothes BIG Change charity project which includes a children’s charity, the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and an orphanage in India.
Over the last 12 months we have been earmarked by The Sunday Times Fast Track Ones to Watch list, received GOLD in the Healthy Workplace Awards, expanded to more than 80 permanent team members with even more joining us for our busy seasons, grown our turnover to £10m, donated over £100k to charity, and eaten a lot of pasties (and cake!).
We strive to be the most fun, desirable and trusted clothing brand on the planet, but this is only the start of it…
We’re looking for somebody who understands what makes great marketing materials, and who can then put it into practice. You need to be able to work from brief and concept through to artwork and production – working with printers and suppliers to produce a high-quality finish.
You will have good communication skills, the ability to work on and prioritise multiple projects, as well as being proactive in identifying new opportunities to improve Frugi’s marketing materials. Experience in a studio environment would be an advantage, particularly in retail, fashion, or children’s products.
Your Role in a Nutshell
Supporting Frugi’s growing business and the graphic design team to create fun, innovative and inspirational graphics within the marketing department. Communicating our lovely brand message and ethics to the world through digital and printed media.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Act as a creative guardian for the Frugi brand
- Work with the Brand Team to design and produce best practice marketing materials
- Develop relationships with printers and other suppliers to ensure the best price and finish for marketing collateral
- Assist on consumer catalogues and trade lookbooks - design, layout, pagination, and artwork
- Trade show stand design and retailer point of sale materials
- Flyers, posters and adverts
- Online marketing materials – web page design and layout, website banners, social media posts, email marketing and affiliate banners,
- In house branded collateral, including business cards and other internal design requests
- Editing, resizing, retouching, and colour matching, filing photography from Frugi’s image library.
- A sound knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite (ideally Creative Cloud) in particular Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Computer literacy with the ability to work on a Mac or PC.
- A comprehensive understanding of design and typography.
- Attention to detail – ensuring that all design work is completed to a high standard and that editing work is professionally executed.
- Detailed knowledge of artworking for print, particularly in InDesign.
- Great communication skills, the ability to follow a brief and confidently present a range of creative solutions.
- Able to self-manage set projects to tight deadlines, knowing when to prioritise.
- Represent Frugi products and brand in a highly creative and professional manner within Frugi brand guidelines.
- Able to take art direction from the Brand Manager and other team members and present a range of out of the box design solutions.
- Degree level or equivalent education in a relevant subject.
- Additional skills which would be great to have, but not essential, include:
- 1-2 years experience in a design industry role.
- Video filming, editing, and production experience.
- Comprehensive Adobe Suite experience including Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks.
- HTML capability (ideally including XHTML and HTML5).
- Commercial understanding of what constitutes a successful website and online presence.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, permanent contract.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, circa £18,000, depending on your skills and experience.
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- A share of the profits - if we have a good year we’ll share it.
- You’ll get a great discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our healthy workplace activities such as lunchtime walks, yoga, etc.
- We hold regular company events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer fabulous career progression and development opportunities. As we grow, you’ll grow too!
- We provide a slightly bonkers but very fun and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV, PDF portfolio (or link to your website) and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team to us by clicking APPLY NOW. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things Frugi – so go for it!!
Closing date: 31st August 2018. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, Frugi are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.