If you’re looking to kickstart your software development career, this may be just the thing. We’re looking for a graduate or junior developer who’s excited to start working on large-scale applications at a fast-growing company that will support their growth. Over the first three months, we will work alongside you to build your skillset as a developer. Writing great code, working in an agile team, and seeing the bigger business picture – we’re committed to helping fast-track your career!
You’ll be joining as part of the core development team, helping to spec, develop and deploy software. Whilst you will always be given the help and guidance needed to learn these skills, we feel the best way to learn is to get stuck in so you won’t be assigned to low priority projects, you’ll be in working with the rest of the team.
You’ll occasionally need to liaise with clients to help understand requirements or to discuss any issues or feedback on deployed updates.
What you’ll be
- Passionate, curious, excited by new technology and the tech industry, and want to develop your tech skills
- You love learning and often end up teaching yourself about interesting subjects
- You have strong communication skills
What you may have
- An degree in computer science or computing or equivalent experience
- An interest in writing technically excellent code
- A drive to succeed as a software developer
What your perks will be
Career Progression: You will be challenged in this role and given opportunities to learn new skills to grow with us
Tech: Work on a high-end MacBook and dual monitor setup.
Flexibility: We’re flexible – flexible hours, flexible breaks, flexible chairs.
Office: We have our own open-plan new-build office – the perfect environment to think freely.
Activities: We regularly arrange activities or fun days, so we get the chance to chill out together.
Relaxed: Though we do work hard, we also enjoy a relatively relaxed environment. Ending the week with a drink is definitely a treat!
Bike to work: Get a new bike and keep fit by getting a bike through a payroll scheme.
Development: We’ll add to your skillset. We’re aiming to become best in class. As such, you’ll be enrolled in scheme’s and have transferable skills, such as AWS certifications. We’re committed to your development. If there is something you’re passionate about, we’ll endeavour to cover the costs to help you learn more.
Sound Like The Job For You?
Got what it takes to work with us? Great! Click APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW to send us a CV and your portfolio (if you have one), and we’ll be in touch
This job role is being advertised under the GradTalent Development Agency - a new project which offers a personalised employment service designed to offer additional support for local* graduates to secure local graduate opportunities.
You do not have to be a local* graduate to apply for this role and all applications will be considered on their merit.
However, if you are an eligible local* graduate we can offer additional support with:
- Your application - when you apply, we’ll offer you a free CV review (before we send your CV on to the recruiter)
- Your interview - if you are invited to interview, contact us for a free 1-2-1 interview coaching session prior to your interview
We can also help with:
- Post placement support designed to optimise on-boarding and ongoing development
- Advice and guidance to assist graduates with a disability
To take advantage of this support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Local graduates are defined as; graduates originally from the South West, who went to University in the South West and are looking for jobs in the South West.