Composite Integration are committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable dynamic team with unrivaled experience. We seek to build strong long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. We work with mutual trust and respect and are willing to support, assist and learn from each other. With an open mind, we work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Simply - We aim to be the innovative leaders in the composite industry.
2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Mechanical Design Engineer (Graduate) position
Electrical Design Engineer (Graduate) position
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Location: 1 Burraton Rd, Saltash PL12 6AY and prepared to travel as required to visit clients (UK and overseas)
To create mechanical or electrical/software designs for Composite Integrations products and machinery within the closed moulding composite industry.
To provide technical assistance to the internal business development team and clients regarding machinery and process support.
- Research and create initial design concepts
- Draft 2D manufacturing drawings, technical / design specifications, and detailed 3D design and equipment drawings
- Research, investigate and identify engineering solutions for equipment design problems.
- Make recommendations regarding design specifications to ensure equipment matches requirements.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety standards, policies and procedures. (CI, UK or International)
- Ensure compliance with relevant mechanical or electrical engineering and manufacturing procedures.
- Produce all supporting documentation including build drawings and technical documentation manuals (including installation, operation and maintenance manuals)
- Accurate completion of BOM’s, Timesheets and all associated documentation
- Provide in-house hands-on support with build, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- On-site building, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- Provide training to client's engineers and operators
- Provide clear professional competent support to clients via telephone and email correspondence
Sales Technical Support
- Collaborative support with other colleagues and departments to assist with Sales generation and marketing;
- Technical support to assist in quoting the right equipment for a customer's needs
- Post completion reviews
- Creation of CAD drawings to assist with feasibility /ROM cost quotes for clients.
- Provide on-going client support with technical equipment enquires and product development discussions.
- Maintain sector technical expertise and knowledge of innovative and emerging technology.
- Report to / update (weekly/ monthly) Director/ Design Engineer Manager on current projects
Qualifications and training
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office + general database usage.
- Experience in 3D parametric modeling (Autodesk Inventor)
- Experience in PLC and/or high-level programming language
Knowledge and Expertise
- Theoretical knowledge of mechanical or electrical engineering principles.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge practically and theoretically.
- Ability to understand and interpret information and data for the proper performance of design engineering projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of using document management systems
- Knowledge and practical hands-on experience of closed mould composite processing.
- Understanding of manufacturing, building, commissioning and testing of new equipment.
- Exposure to a diverse range of complex design projects from concept to production.
- Awareness of relevant design tools, techniques, and methods for the closed mould composite sector.
- Up to date knowledge of current CE legislation and standards
- Experienced in using Project Management tools and techniques.
- Fully conversant with relevant regulatory and safety standards.
- Organised and methodical approach to completing work tasks and managing one's own workload.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and processes
- Ability to use ones owns initiative, self-motivated and a confident decision maker.
- Demonstrable high level of attention to detail.
- Strong written skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and clearly articulate and present technical information to clients and other stakeholders over the phone and in person.
- Strong but calm independent analytical and problem-solving abilities in challenging, stressful situations (including working across different time zones)
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in small teams on multiple consecutive protects.
- A strong desire for lifelong learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability including maintaining sector technical knowledge and seeking out emerging engineering trends and innovations.
- Willingness to travel/work independently world-wide
- Full Driving License
- In date Passport
******* Click APPLY NOW to complete the online application form******