Medicines Data Management
Rx-info is located on the outskirts of Exeter and our core business is in fulfilling the information needs of NHS Secondary Care pharmacy.
We are looking for a new team member to be responsible for maintaining the quality of the healthcare data that forms such an integral part of our business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a maths or science graduate, or qualified pharmacy technician, looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team at the leading edge of pharmacy information systems. The role will be suited to a conscientious individual with an interest in assisting and enabling the NHS to achieve best practice and cost-effective prescribing and spending. An adaptable and enthusiastic individual, the successful candidate will be IT literate and will be able to follow standard operating procedures. It is also imperative that the candidate can work under their own initiative as part of a small team.
Your primary duties will include:
- Mapping data received from secondary care trusts to the standard terminology, dm+d
- Ongoing and consistent review of the data to ensure the highest levels of accuracy
- Taking responsibility for the quality of our data by regularly reviewing and updating standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Monitoring external data sources such as NICE and Cancer Drugs Fund for updates, and updating data accordingly.
- Supporting the Office Manager as necessary with various administrative duties
In addition, the job holder will receive full training and will gain a good understanding of:
- ·value of benchmarking secondary care drug utilisation data
- the standard terminology used in the NHS
- the work of NICE in relation to drug appraisals
While experience within the Healthcare or IT industry would be advantageous, the role would also suit a new science graduate who is looking for a career in healthcare informatics.
This is full-time role based in the company’s offices in Exeter.
Please apply by 30th September; interviews to be held in early October.