An opportunity has arisen within the Engineering department for a Metrologist. This is a permanent, full time salaried position to support manufacturing departments and part engineers. This role reports to the Dimensional Metrology Manager.
- Dimensional inspection of products and tooling
- Producing FAI reports
- Development and implementation of measurement strategies
- Programming automated inspection equipment such as Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) and structured light systems such as GOM ATOS equipment
- Applying first principles inspection methods and use of standard measurement equipment
- Using CAD software to interrogate models
- Dimensional calibration of measurement equipment
- Attending meeting with customers both internal and external
- Attending training courses
- Assisting in resolving specification interpretation
- A Degree with an emphasis on mechanical engineering / automation or IT and computer programming. Candidates with the relevant HNC or HND together with experience will also be considered.
- A proficient level of relevant technical experience within an engineering environment would be advantageous, however, there will be an opportunity to gain experience, training and qualifications whilst in the role.
- Proficient in CAD (preferably Siemens NX)
- CMM programming knowledge (preferably Renishaw MODUS)
- An understanding of technical drawings including GD&T features
- Experience producing FAI reports
- Familiar with aerofoil inspection and terminology
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good mathematics and IT skills
- Analytical and organizational skill
- Meticulous with good attention to detail
- Be actively involved in continuous improvement initiatives and providing input using your expert knowledge
For more information, please contact Matt Willacy on mobile, 07944 067062.
To apply, please send your CV to the HR Department, by clicking APPLY NOW.