Senara are seeking a Specialist Occupational Therapist (with at least 4 years relevant post graduate experience or an equivalent to a Band 5 that has gained the required experience to progress to the equivalent of a Band 6) wishing to work in both a school and clinic setting.
A little about you!
If you have high expectations of your clients and want to work within a stimulating and motivating working environment as part of a successful and supportive team, then please get in touch.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Clinic based assessments, report writing and therapeutic interventions.
- School based assessments, therapeutic interventions and a teacher liaison and advice.
- Attending multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Cleaning of equipment between appointments.
What we need you to have?
- A highly motivated, passionate, dynamic and flexible person.
- Must have HCPC Registration, be a member of BAOT, hold a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy and have paediatric experience.
- Have highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication, including excellent report writing skills.
- Has experience working collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Is seeking to further develop their skills and knowledge in working with young people with sensory integration difficulties.
- Own car/ transport is required to attend appointments with equipment and assessments.
- Be interested in CPD and learning with and from colleagues.
- Bring courage, spirit, tenacity and enthusiasm to the role.
- Aspire and strive to always offer a high quality and respectful service to our clients.
- Share our commitment to safeguarding individuals of all ages.
- Share our commitment to inclusion, equality and the embracing of diversity.
- Good IT skills.
- Is qualified up to SI2-3 or has good knowledge and skills in sensory integration
- Be familiar with using a range of general paediatric assessment tools such as the SIPT, Movement ABC, VMI, BOT.
- Has knowledge of the National Curriculum and statutory requirement of EHCPs
- Has experience working with children and young people with Autism.
- Have completed Sensory Attachment Intervention module 1 training.
And in return!
- Working with a creative, enthusiastic, supportive and caring team of staff.
- Supervision provided.
- Covered by Senara for Insurance with Balens Specialist Insurance Brokers.
- Potential for funding for post graduate training in Sensory Integration.
Senara is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Senara is a dynamic multidisciplinary service specialising in therapeutic services for children, young people and families in Cornwall. As a team, we combine occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and specialist dyslexia services to provide a range of creative, innovative and carefully formulated assessment and intervention packages. We specialise in working with children who have sensory, emotional regulation and coordination difficulties. Additionally, we work with children to repair the damage from early trauma. Referrals come from local authorities; schools; agencies and self-funding individuals and we are informed by a ‘bottom up’ neurosequential approach to planning interventions.
We have a warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with an enthusiastic and skilled staff team that is highly aspirational and committed to children’s welfare, progress and enhanced life chances.
To make an application, please send your CV and cover letter by clicking APPLY NOW. You will be directed to an external website. If you are applying for a specific vacancy, you may only upload one document to your application. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are combined, plus portfolio if requested. We recommend using a PDF file format.
Closing date for applications: 14th August 2020
Interviews are planned for w/c: 24th August 2020