VOX Coaching: Office Manager/Executive Assistant
About VOX Coaching
VOX is an established and respected communication skills training company with an extensive roster of clients in the university, business and public sectors (including government departments). We design and deliver intelligent, imaginative and practical training (both online and in person) that makes a lasting difference to the performance and prospects of individuals and organisations.
VOX currently has a small, permanent administrative staff of five. We have a number of highly experienced coaches, most of whom have a professional background in drama. All work for VOX on a freelance basis delivering courses. VOX also draws on the talents of an established pool of freelance specialists.
The company is small and successful with an established and loyal client base. Our strength lies in the provision of high-quality training that is tailored to clients’ needs; in systematic client relationship management; and in operational efficiency.
Our friendly, approachable and professional style with clients is echoed by the positive atmosphere of the VOX staff, managing the booking process from initial enquiry through to logistics, delivery and aftercare. The company is based in Montpelier, Bristol, but operates across the UK and sometimes further afield.
About the role
We are seeking a new capable full-time (5 days) or part-time (3 days) team member to help manage the day-to-day elements of the business from our office in Montpelier - logistics, correspondence with clients and aftercare. Each course for each client is different and the bespoke nature of our work is what makes us stand out from the competition. The Office Manager/Executive Assistant will be responsible for client liaison ensuring excellent customer service and with the ability to work under pressure in a busy, time sensitive environment.
The ideal candidate will be one with a strong appetite to learn, the flexibility and openness to manage varied tasks and projects with creativity, imagination and initiative. A problem-solving, can-do attitude along with the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously is essential to fit into the office's positive working culture and become an integral part of the business.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they are able to work well in a challenging environment with frequently changing priorities while maintaining clear records for the benefit of the VOX team.
Job Title: Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Main job purpose:
To take a flexible position leading and managing office systems and supporting the various business activities, including but not limited to:
- Salary £27,000 - £33,000 pro rata, negotiable based on skills and experience
- Days per week 3 - 5 days (22.5-37.5 hours per week)
- Annual leave 26 days pro rata (plus 8 public holidays)
- Office based role, Cheltenham Road, Bristol.
- (Occasional remote working with prior agreement.)
- Responsible to Ali Roy, VOX Business Operations Manager
- Relationships / contacts Director, Coaches, Company Manager, Business Operations Manager, Finance Manager
Specific tasks & responsibilities:
- Participating in online courses to provide support: setting up in-office tech, greeting participants, running through checks and Zoom set up. Supporting course delivery by sharing slides, pasting notes from activities and slides into the chat, taking registers and setting up breakout rooms.
- Creating sample handbooks (business proposals) and course handbooks as needed including layout
- Creating and populating documents and databases with course details and contract/invoicing information independently, efficiently and reliably.
- Booking travel and accommodation and creating itineraries.
- Uploading post-course summary videos onto Vimeo, and composing post-course documents.
- Creating, checking and sending course contracts and invoices to clients.
- Liaising with clients re: course planning, organisation and administration.
- Organising and chairing team meetings and events.
- Processing expenses and petty cash.
- Processing company expenditure invoices and receipts.
- Office management – ordering and maintaining supplies, managing utilities accounts and running of premises.
- Project management.
- Assisting the Director as required.
Experience, skills, knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to manage data and information using established systems
- Knowledge of design software (non-professional level)
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems (Google Apps, Dropbox, Trello and database systems)
- Good problem solving, analytical and numeracy skills
- Experience of office management
- Ability to self-organise, schedule and manage complex workload
- Experience of the small business environment
- Understanding of higher education
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- Very well organised
- Intelligent, & creative
- Flexibility & willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to detail
- Energetic, committed and determined
- Great interpersonal skills
- Honest and straightforward
- Enjoys working on fast paced and time critical activities
- Team player with ability to work under own initiative
- Interest in education and in learning through practice
- Interest in communications and personal development training
Click APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter.