A Peer Support Officer is required by the University of Exeter. Based in Teaching, Quality, Assurance and Enhancement the role will support Peer Programmes with a particular focus on WP oriented schemes. This GBP role is available immediately until 31/7/21.
Purpose of Role: This role is to support widening participation activities in the Academic Skills team in four main areas:
- Support the organisation and delivery of peer schemes for WP (e.g. mature) students as part of the transition support for this group of students beginning programmes of study at the University.
- Supporting the organisation and delivery of inclusive peer support events including peer mentor debrief sessions; an annual peer support awards event; termly peer mentor networking and CPD events; and peer mentor training sessions.
- Supporting the development and marketing of online peer scheme resources; particularly for Widening Participation peer programmes (e.g. Mature, BAME and Care Leavers). Support may be for academics or students who organise and run the Programmes.You will also provide support for Peer Mentors.
- Assisting the peer support team to maintain peer scheme records, particularly for WP oriented programmes
The post-holder will also be expected to undertake any other duties commensurate with this level of post and as required by the line manager.
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years
Knowledge & experience
- Knowledge of website design
- Experience of marketing and publicity
- Experience of event management
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Liaison and networking
- Planning and organising
- Initiative and problem solving
- Research and analysis
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Punctual and reliable
- Creative and resourceful
- Good IT skills: Excel and Word
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship
Desirable Candidate Criteria:
Knowledge & experience
- Knowledge of Student Engagement activities
- Participation in The Exeter Award or similar from other HEI
- Knowledge of T4 and Career Hub
Skills & attributes
- A passion for the ‘Exeter experience’
It is likely this role will commence as a remote working role, however the expectation is that as we head into term time the role will need to be campus based in Exeter. Appropriate risk assessments and return in line with Government and University COVID-19 policy will be ensured.
To apply for this role please click this link to download and complete our internship application and submit via the APPLY NOW button.