Personal Assistant – Tamar HR
Mount Wise House, 1 Discovery Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 4QU FULL-TIME,
PERMANENT, £20,000-24,000 PER ANNUM DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
Established in 2005, Tamar HR has grown to be the trusted HR partner for several of the South West’s most successful and expanding businesses. Throughout Devon, Cornwall and Somerset, we have helped local businesses to nurture and grow their people, enabling both employees and companies to develop and thrive. As you’d expect we are a lively, friendly and collaborative small team based in Mount Wise with a strong focus on training and development.
A New Role
Tamar HR has and is growing to the point that our Managing Director needs someone to help organise and manage his varied workload and diary. Ideal candidates will have previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted organisation. It will be hugely advantageous if you have worked previously supporting senior team members. The role will include PA work but will also include smaller projects centred on improving business efficiency and working with various parts of the business to keep things running smoothly.
A Varied Role
This will be a very busy role offering a great deal of variety. Some key duties will include:
- Diary management, meeting organisation, welcoming guests, booking trips and flagging up any preparation in line with client meetings
- Organising company information systems and procedures to support the MD and Tamar team.
- Formatting and preparing documents in line with brand guidelines and assisting with their implementation.
- Assisting the MD with managing projects, following up on team members progress towards achieving objectives and managing the diary for deadlines
- Assisting the MD with all their commitments, working to establish a robust reminder system to ensure deadlines are met as well as helping to prepare for meetings.
- Assisting the MD with marketing matters, e.g. organising events, ensuring the website is accurate etc.
- General office management
Please note this is not a complete list. The role may evolve as projects are completed and new ones are set so you will need to be a multi tasker who loves a long to do list.
As a person you will need to have thoroughly competent IT skills including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc. You will be organised, precise, neat, detailed and tidy in your working attitude, have the ability to manage a wide and varied workload and love to complete tasks!
You will have prior PA experience, be completely professional and have an excellent work ethic.
This is a really fantastic opportunity to join a growing business working with highly motivated business owners and managers.
Tamar HR are looking for an energetic, flexible and highly organised PA who can help support our Managing Director in pushing forward with the organisational structure the business requires.
If you have a passion for organisation and structure and enjoy the challenge of a varied workload working with a very committed team, then please get in touch! You will need to be able to speak to a multitude of different people, clients existing and new and co-ordinate the MD’s diary. You should be able to re-organise at a short notice and be able to accommodate the needs of a growing business for flexibility and speed of response.
If you think you are the right person Tamar HR needs please reply to this advert with a CV, together with a covering letter explaining what you could bring to this role, why you should be considered and include examples of your organisational skills. Please note that despite a city centre location there is free parking at Mount Wise.