Frugi is the UK’s bestselling organic childrenswear brand, proving that ethical and organic clothing can be bright, beautiful and successful! The company was born in 2004 and continues to grow at 25% every year, selling through a rapidly expanding network of over 500 stockists in more than 50 countries worldwide.
We strive to be ethical in everything we do, each year donating 1% of our turnover to our Little Clothes BIG Change charity project which includes a children’s charity, the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and an orphanage in India.
Over the last 12 months we have been earmarked by The Sunday Times Fast Track Ones to Watch list, received GOLD in the Healthy Workplace Awards, expanded to more than 80 permanent team members with even more joining us for our busy seasons, grown our turnover to £10m, donated over £100k to charity, and eaten a lot of pasties (and cake!).
We strive to be the most fun, desirable and trusted clothing brand on the planet, but this is only the start of it…
With a background in photography you’ll be passionate about helping to create engaging photography that makes people fall head over heels in love with Frugi. You’ll be brimming with ideas to continue to improve Frugi’s campaign and ecommerce photography. You are a confident communicator and happy working in a fast-paced environment. Keen to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, you’ll be ready to turn your hand to anything from painting props, to creating spreadsheets. Creativity, problem solving and organisation are your key skills; you’ll be computer literate and have excellent time management skills.
Your Role in a Nutshell
Reporting directly to the Senior Photography Co-ordinator, this role will be responsible for assisting the photography team to deliver seasonal and day-to-day still and moving-image projects. You will work on projects from the initial conception, through to the final realisation, assisting at every stage. The varied nature of the role will see you using your excellent creativity to help plan, organise and carry out location and studio photoshoots. Working closely with the wider Marketing team and Design, you will ensure that the imagery produced is informed, and communicating effectively. When you’re not in the studio, you’ll be helping with post-production and keeping the filing systems up to date.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Photography Co-ordinator to develop seasonal ideas for photoshoots.
- Source appropriate photoshoot locations based on seasonal themes & obtain relevant permissions.
- Plan scenes and design/purchase/create props.
- Assist with photography and style garments on studio shoots.
- Arrange castings and fit sessions for models.
- Assist with post production and exporting images.
- Keep the model database and image database up to date and organised.
- Organise and look after the photography clothing samples.
- Keep the photo studio tidy, organised and welcoming.
- You’ll have a passion for photography and keep yourself up to date with industry trends.
- You’ll be experienced in working with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Bridge and Photoshop.
- Experience of Premier Pro and Capture One would be a bonus!
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level education, preferably in a photography based subject, although it is not essential.
- You’ll have a solid knowledge of basic studio photography techniques.
- You’ll be competent in using a DSLR.
- You’ll preferably have experience shooting tethered and with studio flash would be a bonus.
- You’ll be an excellent and confident communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- You’ll be super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, permanent contract.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, circa £18,000, depending on your skills and experience.
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- A share of the profits - if we have a good year we’ll share it.
- You’ll get a great discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our healthy workplace activities such as lunchtime walks, yoga, etc.
- We hold regular company events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer fabulous career progression and development opportunities. As we grow, you’ll grow too!
- We provide a slightly bonkers but very fun and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV, PDF portfolio (or link to your website) and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team to us by clicking APPLY NOW. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things Frugi – so go for it!!
Closing date: 31st August 2018. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, Frugi are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.