We are an award winning integrated communications agency based in the UK. We work with household names and best kept secrets, and are famous for taking challenger brands to the number one spot. We are successful at it because we put the digital consumer at the heart of everything we do.
Opened in 2008 we have grown to become the RAR and MI Network 2014 Agency of the Year and rank the UK’s No.1 Independent Agency by The Drum national agency census.
Our ambition is to grow AgencyUK one of Europe’s leading communications consultancies by hiring the best teams in the business, and developing our reputation for strategic, creative and technical expertise. Our ambition in 2016 is to continue building on our PR and Social service offering. This will lie at the heart of our communications, facilitating effective publicity and enhancing our social and search capabilities for our clients’ brands.
Why we exist
We help brands mean more to more people! Our mean more philosophy encapsulates our approach to marketing communications, keeps us focused on the commercial impact we have on our client’s brands and makes us the team we are today.
“Our philosophy helps us push the boundaries of convention by being alive to change in markets, trends and technology. We make the complex simple, for consumers, clients and their partners. We keep it real by being honest practical folk that drive real commercial difference”.
Your role sits within the PR and social media team at AUK. The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the day-to-day running and delivery of client campaigns, the ‘engine’ of client activity, including media and influencer relations, content development, report management and administrative tasks.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills
- Results focussed
- Flexible and agile working style
- Able to effectively prioritise and manage own workload
- Driven for personal development and growth
- Attention to detail
- Quality in client service
- Creative and strategic ability
- A dynamic, ambitious attitude and outlook – for yourself, for those around you, and for the business
PR & Social Media departmental responsibilities
- Programme management: Understanding of and regular referral to client activity plans, demonstration of a comprehensive understanding of client objectives, working with the team to deploy the strategies and tactics to meet those objectives.
- Knowledge management: Develop knowledge of the clients’ businesses (including their business objectives) and the sector in which they operate to ensure you are able to write and speak knowledgeably on client industries and media trends, make informed recommendations and proactively develop and deploy tactics.
- Client relationships: Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Influencer relationships: Build and maintain relationships with key influencers including journalists, bloggers, trade bodies (where relevant) and other stakeholder groups.
- Pitching to audiences: A skilled approach to media and influencer pitching, proactively using a range of techniques to deliver results (e.g. features, commentary, news-jacking, briefings and news placement).
- Content creation: A creative approach to content creation for media consumption, demonstrating contextual awareness and ability to work with the AUK creative team on briefing and development.
- Writing: Ensure excellent quality outputs – ability to adapt tone of voice, with attention to spelling and grammar in commentary and PR materials, as well as in proposals and reporting.
- Reporting and information sharing: Timely, efficient and accurate reporting, meeting management (i.e. agendas and meeting notes) and information sharing.
- Account profitability: Maintain account profitability through accurate time and service level recording.
- Team following: Be a positive, proactive and energised member of the team that others trust, follow and want to work with.
- Internal communication: Develop good working relationships with other departments within the agency.
- Account administration and information management: Systems for client and agency information is managed appropriately, reports kept up to date and files and folders used effectively.
- Agency profile: Assist in the development and management of AUK’s profile in the wider marketing and communications industry, through relevant media.
- Position: Full time
- Reporting into the PR Account Manager
- Based in central Bath at AgencyUK H/O BA1 5BT
We are ranked the UK’s No.1 Independent Agency 2014 and 2015, our profile is helping us to secure even more exciting client brands. The potential here is bound only by your ambition.
We thrive on positivity. AgencyUK is a home for happy people, many of which have young families (and therefore stressful home lives!) We thrive on building a creative culture, and therefore expect all of our team to extend their full support and positive influence in the office and to our clients, particularly when we face challenges at work.