We are an international aquatic and pet specialist manufacturer – part of Central Garden and Pet Company and have been enhancing the lives of pets and their owners for over 60 years - through innovation and expertise we make caring for creatures at home more enjoyable and successful for everyone.
At Interpet we all work together with one common goal: the ambition to make the difference. That is what binds us and makes us different from our competitors. Our corporate culture is to work hard and play hard! We involve our team in lots of activities – charity events, photo shoots and consumer shows to name just a few!
Are you an enthusiastic team player, a creative mind, a problem solver and do you look for a challenge…? Here you can make it come true. With our leading position in the market and the significant growth potential of our organisation, we can offer you great career opportunities.
We now have an exciting opportunity at our Hamwood site to join our Development and Marketing Team. We are looking for a Product Marketing Assistant – Aquatic Brands
The main purpose of the role is to help develop, drive and deliver an integrated and effective brand strategy designed to increase market share and profitability of Interpet aquatic product ranges and is a great opportunity to kickstart your career in Marketing.
Responsibilities would include
- Collating content to produce brand plans
- Collating brand budgets for expenditure and monitoring performance monthly
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor activity and market trends
- Contributing to POS programmes
- Liaising with external agencies and the Digital Marketing Executive to create PR and marketing opportunities
- Creating effective sales literature for product launch and promotional support.
- Co-coordinating and participating in trade exhibitions, conferences and product launches as required
Travel is required to other Interpet sites and locations from time to time.
- An honours graduate with marketing as a core subject or equivalent demonstrable work experience
- Advanced level in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent written or verbal communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Strong analytical, administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry
- Demonstrable initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Successful completion of a placement within a marketing department
- Understanding of brand identity guidelines and rules
- Creation of Point of Sale communications materials, product instructions, product support materials and promotion campaigns
And if you have any experience in the Aquatic/pet trade or are a fishkeeper then that is an added bonus!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits and a great working environment in a really creative team.
To apply for this role or to discuss this further, please email Rachel Gardiner, HR Manager on by clicking APPLY NOW. Please enclose an up to date CV and a covering letter.