The post holder will compile accurate and compliant claims within prescribed timescales and will manage all relevant audits as required.The ideal candidate would have experience of working in an administrative/contract environment, with a track record of administering EU funding desirable.Applicants must have excellent excel skills and the ability to work in a busy project office whilst working to strict deadlines. Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is crucial to the success of this role.For duties which are eligible to be funded this post may be part-funded by ERDF or ESF.
This role is fixed term for 3 years.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of funding rules relevant to portfolio of projects communicating and adapting systems where necessary to ensure compliance is met.
- Manage completion and submission of claims within prescribed timescales. Working with project staff to produce compliant and accurate claims.
- Monitor project performance by supporting project staff throughout the lifecycle of the project and undertaking regular reviews of essential criteria.
- Maintain and develop project systems to record accurate data and robust audit trail.
- Work with the College’s finance departments to manage payments and monitor cash flow.
- Prepare for and manage all relevant audits, with the support of the Project Contracts Manager.
- Provide management information and attend quarterly reviews contributing to the assessment of project performance and ensuring all necessary actions are agreed and undertaken.
- Any other duties required that are consistent with the grade and general responsibilities of the post.
Essential Experience/Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in an administrative/contract environment
- Excellent spreadsheet and Excel skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work in flexible and proactive way
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Track record in administering EU Funded projects and auditing information.
- Excellent organisational, communications and numeracy skills
Desirable Experience/Skills and Qualifications
- A good working knowledge of college finance and data systems.
- Good general IT skills,
- Driving licence with own transport
- Willingness to work flexible hours
Full driving license required. This position will include projects supported by the European Structural Investment Fund (ESIF) portfolio 2014 to 2020.
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Strong commitment to putting the learner first
- Can-do, positive and flexible attitude with the ability to work at pace
- Ability to drive improvements being self-motivated to achieve higher standards
- Excellent written and verbal skills