Come and join GRCC
GRCC is offering an ideal opportunity for a graduate to consolidate and build their skills, knowledge and experience through a full time, permanent, paid post based in Gloucestershire. The role will entail working closely with GRCC Senior Leaders to enable smooth running, development and efficient delivery of GRCC’s varied projects including the Community Wellbeing Service operating across the Cotswold District.
This role provides an ideal career starter or progression opportunity for a graduate from any discipline and will be of particular interest to those from business, management, health, social care, marketing and community development backgrounds.
GRCC is a respected not-for-profit organisation which has been working in Gloucestershire for 95 years, with a mission to strengthen and champion community action in Gloucestershire. We are a committed, lively team of 25 people and more information about our work can be found on the GRCC website www.grcc.org.uk
- CONTRACT: Full time, permanent
- PAY: up to £18,000 pa , dependent on experience
- WORKING WEEK: 36 hours
- ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- PENSION: The post is pensionable, to which GRCC contributes 7.125%
- LOCATION: The post is based at Community House, 15 College Green, Gloucester, GL1 2LZ
- TRAVEL: Although this role is based in GRCC's offices in Gloucester, the post holder will be required to attend meetings and events in other parts of Gloucestershire.
- A DBS check will be required for this role.
- Occasional evening or weekend work will be required for this role, for which equivalent Time Off in Lieu (TOIL) will be given.
You will work closely with GRCC Senior Leaders to enable efficient project management and delivery by identifying and tracking Project Milestones and Key Performance Indicators, researching new approaches and collecting, collating and analysing data to form monitoring reports to commissioners. You will have the opportunity to build effective relationships with funders, delivery partners and community groups, attending meetings and giving presentations as appropriate. You will also be involved in collecting stories and case studies about GRCC initiatives and promoting these.
Approximately half your time will be spent supporting the Community Wellbeing Service and this will include liaising with the 6-strong team providing the social prescribing and support service to individuals in locations across the Cotswold District.
This role will be varied and there is scope for you to complement the GRCC team’s skills and develop the role according to your interests and specialities so we are interested in hearing what you have done, what you have to offer and how you would like to develop. Whatever your background and experience, the following core skills are essential for this role:
- Excellent literacy and IT skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences- e.g. team members, partners and service users (whether community groups or individuals)
- Research and data analysis skills
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Methodical approach to tasks and the ability to manage time effectively, even when under pressure
- A quick learner, with a ‘can do’ attitude who is able to take the initiative
- A team player with a commitment to supporting individuals and communities
If you are interested, please read the full job description and person specification by clicking APPLY NOW, complete the application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 noon on Tuesday 28th August 2018. The relevant instructions and contact details are shown on the application form but please forward any queries to email@example.com or telephone 01452 528491.
You will be informed by Wednesday 29th August if you have been selected for interview.
Interviews will take place on Monday 3rd September and, if selected for interview, you will be asked to give a 5 minute presentation on GRCC’s work (as if presenting to a Gloucestershire parish council).
A chance for developing great skills and experience in project management and community initiatives. Kick start your career with GRCC