An innovative, dynamic consultancy company are on the lookout for ambitious graduate to join their team as a Consultant. This established and well-regarded boutique company boasts a relaxed, informal and lively atmosphere in a sought after, coastal Devon location some 300m from the beach. This role offers a high quality of life and low living costs on the one hand with challenging projects, global clients and travel opportunities on the other.
About HRA Global
HRA Global is a leading boutique business in the international food and drink industry, offering services in marketing, research and consultancy, entering its 9th year of business. We have been developing graduate talent since 2011 and are a successful and expanding small business with a growing global reputation.
We have a relaxed and informal culture and our relatively small team size makes us agile and able to tackle a variety of projects. Being full service (e.g. offering marketing, market research and consultancy) means we know what works in food and drink and having everything under one roof means we are easy for clients to deal with.
We are a focused team of professionals and for nine years we’ve worked with International food and drink clients on confidential projects. Clients are 50% international (the US, Australia and the EU) and 50% from the UK. Our projects include helping launch a new product into the US market, conducting market research into what consumers think of new flavour options, working on a company takeover or providing detailed research into a food or drink category.
The work is varied and no two projects are alike. The food and drink industry is the largest in the UK, employing 14% of the workforce and changes rapidly – products, prices, ranges and brands, they all change and adapt. FMCG is a challenging and yet very rewarding market and in our key areas of dairy, free from, organic, vegan, paleo, juice etc we are market leaders. We enjoy working on new and emerging health trends and being at the forefront of consumer demand helping our customers succeed in their markets.
You will work on confidential, time critical projects for clients which involve looking at specific product markets and finding out data, drawing conclusions and insights and making recommendations – for example about the UK Ice Cream, Frozen Mexican meals, Coffee Pods, Vegan Ready Meals, Babyfood, Protein balls and other markets.
The role is made up of several different responsibilities, namely providing clients with solutions to their commercial and marketing problems (60%), delivering market research services such as focus groups and surveys (25%) and helping us generate compelling content about issues in the contemporary global food and drink industry for our audio, video and online channels (15%).
This analytical role requires someone with an analytical mind and ability to apply their knowledge and excellent written English to a consultancy role. You will use an analytical and inquisitive approach to solve problems, supported by the wider team, and deliver tailor-made solutions. You will utilise your existing knowledge and experience whilst actively building upon it. You must be comfortable with number work and calculations but don’t need to be a mathematician.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to expand the consultancy, qualitative and quantitative research skills, gain national and international client-facing experience and develop an understanding of global food and drink market dynamics.
Reporting to the Head of Market Research and Consultancy, your tasks will include:
- Secondary intelligence gathering, including the collection and analysis of supporting figures on a food category.
- Analysing data to a high level of accuracy and formulating numerical data to reflect conclusions.
- National and international travel including time away from home for client meetings, project debriefs and also trade fair attendance (c2-3 days a month).
- Writing insightful reports with a high level of English Language fluency.
- Writing engaging content on topics of interest for HRA blog and input into our video content and podcasts.
- Over time, rise to the challenge, using a passion for research, of developing the ability to comment intelligently and provocatively on food categories and become a voice of authority within it.
- Enjoy the task of helping our clients make better decisions using our analysis and research.
You will need to be able to work on your own on projects and take ownership of your work. You will need to use your initiative, be inquisitive and be willing to ask us questions. Ideally you will need to have an interest in the food industry and in grocery markets. You will also need to be organised and able to take on board any constructive feedback.
What you’ll get
The company boasts an excellent working environment – right by the beach in South Devon where low living costs combine with a relaxed, outdoor focused lifestyle. The boutique environment allows every individual to make an impact and thrive in a high challenge, high support environment.
The team is full of staff who joined the business as graduates and have progressed, developing their skills and experience in a supportive environment. You will be supported not only by your line manager but also by the team, all of whom who have progressed through the business and gained experience, skills and knowledge. There is a clear career path at HRA marked with increasing responsibility, accountability and reward – you progress as fast as your skills and attitude allows and progression to Consultant, Senior Consultant and ‘Head Of’ is a clear career path.
The company will support you with training and skills development, including professional study as appropriate. You will be encouraged to widen your knowledge base and study for Professional qualifications such as Chartered Institute of Marketing, Market Research Society etc. We will also support you with on the job coaching and mentoring and specific training if required e.g. presentation skills etc.
You will receive a full package of benefits that’s competitive with and benchmarked to the top players in the industry.
You’ll have a great work environment in a contemporary office, have supportive colleagues and management and will be part of a successful, hand-picked and high calibre team. We enjoy socialising and, especially in the summer, making the most of the great outdoors whenever possible.
If you’re looking to build on your early graduate career with a company who invest and believe in the importance of their employees, don’t miss this opportunity – apply today!
- Competitive salary of £23-25k (plus bonus of c15%) depending on experience
- Regular socials and team events in a welcoming culture
- Excellent scope for progression
- Highly sought after, South Devon location next to the beach and close to Dartmoor
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme up to 15% of salary
- Generous holiday allowance building to 30 days plus public holidays
- Financial support for further study e.g. professional exams
What you need
A minimum of 1-year work experience in a business-related environment, preferably in market research, intelligence or analysis e.g. market research assistant, an admin role in a FMCG or Food Industry environment, client side marketing role, consultancy or analysis.
- Educated to degree level in a science or humanity such as psychology, economics, business studies, geography or related discipline (this list is not exhaustive)
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Commitment, self-motivation, an enquiring mind and a genuine interest in food and drink, shopper behaviour and market dynamics.
- Proven proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding analytical skills and report writing abilities
- An ability to assimilate new subjects quickly and a clear affinity with food and drink products (and wider FMCG), health and environmental trends and curiosity
- High 2:1 or 1st (ideal)
- You will be able to quickly pick up and understand industry specific analysis skills in order to apply them to describe what is going on in grocery markets
- You will have a genuine desire to learn, develop and grow.
You will be happy to take on new challenges and immediate responsibility.
Closing Date: 03/03/2019
Interview Date: 13/03/2019
Start Date: 29/04/2019
End Date: Permanent
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW