ABS are looking for a Research & Development (R&D) Field Coordinator who will be integral in ensuring that our R&D sites run smoothly to help combat animal disease including bovine TB.
Overseeing the implementation of biosecurity measures on two test farms in Cornwall, the Field Co-ordinator will ensure the success of these projects to deliver the desired outcomes.
Working from our Truro based office, with plenty of time also spent on the farms, you will also be a key point of contact for clients and suppliers. A beef farm has already been found in Callington and the test site is currently being developed. The Dairy Farm is in the process of being sourced.
The role will include overseeing the field R&D operations on both farms, including the recording of all data, identifying areas to improve field operations. Direct field R&D will be a key part of the role to ensure the R&D being undertaken in both farm sites is on track to deliver the targeted outcomes.
Working alongside the Director of ABS, the Field Co-ordinator will supervise the work of the team on the ground to deliver the key elements of the programme; isolation of animals, detection of presence of disease, building an infection map, disinfecting and testing results. Collecting samples scientifically and liaising with laboratories at Warwick University will be a key part of this process. Additionally, liaising with R & D Project Co-ordinator based in our offices, analysing results and checking patterns of methodology will be an important part of the day to day responsibilities.
We are looking for a strong project manager with excellent communication skills. Planning R&D activities will be an important element and the role will include management of field staff, budgets and timelines.
You will be exceptionally organised, with good analytical skills and a determination to achieve the goals of the research and development phase and help build the business model to be rolled out going forwards.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Relevant degree in science, agriculture, or other related discipline
- Proven experience in a project management role
- Ability to directly lead small teams
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Experience in using project management software
- Experience in the use of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Patient, professional approach
- Experience and confidence in customer service
- Willingness and skills to take on more senior management responsibilities
- A current, clean driving license - due to the requirements of the role