ABS are looking for a Research & Development (R&D) Project Co-ordinator who will be integral in ensuring that our R&D sites run smoothly to help combat animal disease and bovine TB. Overseeing the implementation of biosecurity measures across two test farms in Cornwall, the Project Co-ordinator will ensure the success of these projects to deliver the desired outcomes .
Working from our Truro based office, with plenty of time also spent on the farms, you will also be a key point of contact for clients and suppliers.
A beef farm has already been found in Callington and the test site is currently being developed. The Dairy Farm is in the process of being sourced.
The role will include identifying areas to improve efficiency and ensure data is collected and recorded efficiently. Data collation and analysis will be a key part of the role to ensure the R&D being undertaken in both farm sites is on track to deliver the targeted outcomes. We are looking for a strong communicator to liaise with the partners of the programme and co-ordinate the input of their part in the project. Planning in-house or off-site activities, such as demonstrations, conferences and other business events will be an important element and the role will include management of budgets and finances.
You will be exceptionally organised, with good analytical skills and a determination to achieve the goals of the research and development phase and help build the business model to be rolled out going forwards.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Relevant degree in business, agriculture, or other related discipline
- Proven experience in a coordination role
- Ability to collate and analyse data
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Knowledge of online services such as Xero and online banking
- Experience in the use of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Patient, professional approach
- Experience and confidence in customer service
- Willingness and skills to take on more senior management responsibilities
- A current, clean driving license - due to the requirements of the role