At the core of Prolific is our fast-growing platform, which connects thousands of researchers with tens of thousands of participants. This allows researchers to screen for samples of verified participants, manage the process of running studies with them online, and paying them. To support the rapid growth of our platform we're looking for keen people to join our support team.
We are looking for a summer internship that will turn into a permanent position for recent graduates.
In this role you will support and liaise with customers of Prolific, with a focus on both the researcher and participant side of the platform.
Prolific is currently growing fast with 60k active study participants, 2k+ researchers resulting in 270k participant submissions per month. Our ambitious growth plans come with many challenges to help support our customers get the most out of Prolific and have a great experience as the platform and company scale up.
Together with our Support Team you will work towards these key goals:
- Make sure everything runs smoothly for customers, all necessary admin is taken care of, and if issues occur, you’ll help resolve them
- Help researchers plan and set up their studies (for example, surveys, experiments) on Prolific’s platform
- Promote the platform to potential users, and reflect the concerns of customers in how we best improve the product
This will likely involve some or all of the following:
- Manage day-to-day support of researcher and participant customers via our online tools (with a focus on written communication)
- Acquire an understanding of the academic research space and what’s important to researchers in running online studies
- Provide advice on best approaches to designing and running research studies on prolific
- Occasionally manage participant support and mediate in issues between participants and researchers
- Pro-actively make improvements to processes and resources for supporting researchers
- Draft written specifications of improvements to features or policies for the platform
- Be mindful of the company’s targets and goals
This is your chance to get involved in a fast-moving startup where you’ll have huge influence over the trajectory of the platform. Since it’s a startup, you’ll have the opportunity to suggest how you can best add value, and make any recommendations about improving the processes and product. We're a fast-growing company and we want to help you grow with us.
What we offer:
- Salary: £26,000-32,000 (p.a.)
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Flexible remote working - around half of our employees are fully remote
- Supportive, inclusive and positive working culture
- Opportunities to learn about the research space, the startup ecosystem and have a huge influence over the trajectory of our products
- Competitive budget for education and training
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays