Researcher - Responsible Investment (ESG/Ethical/CSR)
Ethical Screening is looking for a Researcher to join our research & analysis team. We require a self-motivated person able to accurately consolidate and summarise information from a wide variety of sources. The role will involve in-depth research into publicly listed companies on ethical, ESG and sustainability themes.
This is a full-time permanent contract based in Cheltenham, UK. We will also consider proposals for part-time hours (please state this on your application covering letter).
The ideal candidate will be:
- A recent graduate with a degree relevant to responsible investment, in whole or part (via modules chosen or dissertation) for example environment, human rights, corporate governance.
- Working, or have previously worked, in a research, analytical or data gathering role, with a degree in any subject.
- Able to demonstrate relevant skills and interest in the subject matter, for example via work experience or other relevant qualifications/courses (those changing career, or returning to work).
All candidates must have a strong interest and motivation toward responsible investment.
A knowledge of investment and financial markets is desirable.
- Thorough and methodical, with excellent attention to detail; an enquiring mind-set.
- Able to work efficiently through a varied work-load, with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work as part of a team, sharing information and ideas.
- Learn quickly and be willing to contribute to other areas of our work, such as report writing and event attendance.
- The ability to remain impartial and separate personal views from those held by clients.
- Good business English for both written and oral communication.
- Competence in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of databases and experience using MS Access is desirable, but not essential.
How to apply
Send a copy of your CV with covering letter addressed to Matthew Ayres (Client Relationship & Research Manager) via e-mail by clicking APPLY NOW.
In your covering letter please highlight an area from your CV that is relevant to the role, and one ethical or social responsibility issue that is of personal interest.
Deadline: Sunday 31st March 2019