This is an exciting opportunity to embark on a career in sales and be part of a growing team, working alongside our Operations Manager and Managing Director.
As a Sales Assistant at skinflint you will be the first point of contact for all our clients, both private and commercial. You will be focused on providing exceptional customer service and experience at every stage of their journey, from enquiry and administrating paperwork, to selecting products and dispatching orders. Nurturing these relationships, you will simultaneously develop in-depth knowledge of our unique vintage lighting range. The ability to manage your own workload, alongside a resilience to juggling multiple tasks whilst prioritising effectively, is a must.
You’ll be a clear and confident communicator, with a friendly yet professional written and verbal manner. You’ll be self-motivated, organised with a meticulous eye for detail and have excellent time management skills. You will need the ability to work under your own initiative as well as collaborating with a small team, so interpersonal skills are essential. You’ll also be an enthusiastic learner, retaining the confidence and desire to develop your own learning, as well as the wider ethos of the business.
As part of your induction, you’ll undertake an extensive journey of learning through all areas of the business to fully understand the niche position of the company, the diverse range of lighting products we refurbish, and the team we work with. We pride ourselves on our high level of customer service and the exclusive nature of the items we retail, and the successful candidate will reflect all of these qualities.
This full-time role is based in our wharfside warehouse studio overlooking the estuary near Falmouth. It is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and work alongside an ambitious, passionate team focused on sustainable business and doing things differently.
At skinflint we’ve combined a passion for classic design with a commitment to sustainability to become Europe’s leading vintage lighting retailer. All of the lights we salvage are exclusively high-quality originals, and each unique piece has a story to tell...
Respecting and preserving the heritage of each light we reclaim, we sensitively restore without compromising character, and expertly refurbish to the highest modern-day standards. We also offer a lifetime guarantee and repairs, and a product buy-back scheme. Our aim? To keep lights out of landfill and in use forever. And more widely, to promote a sustainable circular approach to design and consumption.
This ethos threads through everything we do – from our people, to our products and supply chain - that’s how we became a Certified B Corp in December 20201. Being a B Corp means we’re legally required to consider our social and environmental impact and are held accountable for our actions. We look to initiatives that support a triple bottom line approach to sustainable business, and in doing so balance purpose with profit. We firmly believe that all individuals and businesses, large and small, can make a difference in protecting our planet.
We work with renowned innovative brands, interior designers and architects on high-profile projects across the globe. But we get equally as excited seeing our lights in people’s homes and collaborating with independent, like-minded, forward-thinking start-ups on our doorstep.
Other Application Details
What we offer
We’re a Certified B Corp, which means we always consider our impact on our communities and our people. We offer a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Social events, including up to six team days every year.
- Career development, including training and learning opportunities, to support personal development.
- A generous holiday allowance, with 28 days (pro-rata), plus +2 days (pro-rata) due to company closure at Christmas.
- Long Service +1 day, for every year of service, up to 10 extra days holiday per annum (pro-rata)
- Birthday holiday day redeemed in the week of your birthday (Monday-Sunday)
- Sustainable travel, including a cycle-to-work scheme, and two journey days.
- Volunteering days, to encourage our team to be involved with the local communities, and give back.
- A range of health and wellness initiatives, including free eye tests, and an employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Rewards, including an employee pension with ethical investment options, employee discount, and Christmas gifts, selected to support the B Corp community.
At skinflint, our people are valued, respected, heard and encouraged to be their unique selves. We know that our people define our success and that a good idea can come from anywhere. That’s why we create and maintain diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunities. We will continue to build an inclusive team from a variety of backgrounds, skills and views through a non discriminatory application, interview and hiring process.
If you have questions, or needs that require accommodation, please do get in touch with us.
HOW TO APPLY
- To make an application please click 'apply' where you will be redirected to an external website to see the full terms of the job role and job description.
- Interviews will be held at our wharfside warehouse studio near Falmouth
- Closing date 19-8-22