There is an exciting opportunity for a new Senior Account Executive to join the team at Absolute PR and Marketing, a leading agency based in Dunchideock, on the outskirts Exeter. The successful candidate will deliver engaging content to a mixture of audiences across a full mix of digital and traditional communications channels, ideally with a background in both B2B and B2C communications. This role is part of the Graduate Business Partnership (GBP) scheme, based in the workplace in Dunchideock and is offered on a permanent basis. The salary offered is between £19,500 - £25,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
About the Company
Absolute PR and Marketing is a leading agency based in Exeter. Celebrating 21 years in business this year, the agency and team is passionate about purpose, delivering meaningful work and actions that have a positive impact on community, cause and climate. The successful candidate will share our passion and values, playing an active part in communicating and helping to evolve them. Absolute has a reputation for delivering high quality, creative work and impactful results which help to achieve client business objectives. Testament of our success is the number of long-standing clients and staff that we have retained over many years in business. The successful candidate will join our established team of six agency staff, performing a key role and making an important contribution to our work. Our culture is to encourage the development of all staff, nurturing and supporting their talents to help them grown in a non-hierarchical environment. Every member of our team is a valued one. We work hard, have fun and are driven by a desire to add value and make a difference in all that we do. CSR activities undertaken by the agency in the past year include, supporting Dartmoor Zoological Park, Age UK Exeter, Exeter Foodbank, Dartmoor National Park, and Westcountry Rivers Trust.
Purpose of Role
The successful candidate will deliver engaging content to a mixture of audiences across digital and traditional communication channels, covering marketing and media relations activity. As part of the role, you will be involved in both B2B and B2C communications; experience of which will be an advantage.
The company offers extensive opportunities to further develop your professional skills.
- Devising and implementing PR campaigns across a variety of platforms and industries
- Identifying and progressing opportunities to secure editorial/feature coverage in on and off-line media
- Distributing and selling-in news stories to the media
- Developing a high-quality content plan for both B2B and B2C audiences with the aim to drive success at all levels of the customer funnel (awareness, consideration, conversion and retention) and directly contribute to an increase in revenue
- Build and nurture key relationships with business stakeholders, influencers and suppliers
- Create and deliver a full mix of digital marketing content across, website copy, video, blog, social media, imagery and other channels
- Be the primary contact and coordinator of company blog and news channels
- Be responsible for managing social media accounts
- Researching, writing and compiling content for monthly scheduling across platforms, sourcing imagery and identifying key influencers to interact with
- Providing actionable reports on digital content marketing activities and recognising areas for further development
- Provide content and communications support for: events and webinars, writing and editing pages for the company websites, creation of rich media, email marketing copy, ad-hoc campaign landing pages
Training and Development Opportunities
We work in an open plan environment which helps ensure that the entire team constantly learns from each other. New members of our team thrive by learning from more experienced colleagues. We also encourage staff to participate in ongoing training opportunities, to help them to develop their professional skills. The beauty of working in a small agency is that there are always opportunities to progress and take on more responsibilities as skills develop; unlike in larger agencies which tend to have more structured hierarchies, limiting such growth.
Other Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
- Additional holiday entitlement for long service.
- Annual company bonus scheme.
- Staff rewards scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Participation in team development days.
- Participation in team CSR activities.
- Employee performance bonus.
- On-the-job-training – lunchtime learning sessions and attendance at industry led training events.
- Free parking.
- Excellent written communication skills - ability to research and recognise valuable content and adapt it to a range of formats and audiences across b2b and b2c subject matters
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills, grammar and attention to detail
- Able to interpret verbal and written briefs and work as part of a team
- Experienced social media user across all main platforms, with knowledge of post scheduling and reporting
- Creative thinker - able to spot new trends, emerging technology and willing to put your ideas forward
- Extremely organised, able to document plans and processes, work under pressure and take initiative
- Confidence in liaising with clients and the media
- Ability to access the workplace in rural location (i.e. there is no public transport to this location) on the outskirts of Exeter.
Behavioural Characteristics/ Personal Qualities and Attributes
We are looking for enthusiasm, proactivity, a desire to learn, a can-do attitude and eagerness to be part of an ambitious and driven team. A shared passion for purpose and in our values as well as an interest in supporting community, cause and climate would also be desirable.
Graduate Business Partnership (GBP) Scheme Requirements
To be eligible to apply and undertake a GBP role you must meet all the following criteria:
- Achieved* (or about to achieve) a full undergraduate degree (or Masters or PhD).
- Graduated in the UK within the last 3 years of your most recent degree (we will consider extenuating circumstances of potential applicants that may have prevented them from undertaking a graduate role within 3 years of graduation).
- Attended a British university (or spent time studying at a UK university through ERASMUS)
- The University of Exeter is committed to developing an environment which promotes equality of opportunity, values diversity and inclusivity.
- The University of Exeter is a Disability Confident Employer, committed to attracting and recruiting people with disabilities and retaining and supporting staff with disabilities. If an applicant declares a disability and meets all the essential criteria, they will be invited to interview.
- We welcome applications from all eligible graduates and in particular those from underrepresented groups. Selection and recruitment itself will be based entirely on merit alone unless there are multiple applicants demonstrating equal merit. In this clear circumstance, preference would be shown to applicants from under-represented groups. This is in line with lawful positive action measures under sections 158 and 159 of the Equality Act 2010.
- Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the GBP internship evidenced by the Intern Guidance- Proving Right to Work the UK. This can include British citizens, individuals with an EU Pre-Settlement or EU-Settlement Status; and those with a Graduate Route Visa.
- Current immigration legislation prevents the University from providing sponsorship certificates for GBP roles, as they do not meet the requirements for a Skilled Worker Visa as explained on the International Student Support webpages.
- All graduates need to reside in the UK whilst undertaking this role.
- You cannot undertake another GBP role if the contract length in total exceeds the maximum duration of 23 months working as a GBP.
*To undertake a GBP role, you must achieve your degree. In the unlikely event where a degree is not awarded, the GBP hours may be reduced to 15 hours per week (for undergraduates) or 6 hours per week (for postgraduates) to enable the graduate the capacity to successfully complete their degree. If the graduate fails their degree, the GBP role will end early.
Closing Date: 01/02/2022
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: ASAP after interview
End Date: Permanent
How to apply
To apply for this role please complete our internship application form which can be downloaded here. Please send your completed form by clicking apply for this job now, or send it direct to email@example.com stating that you saw the job advertised on Gradsouthwest. Please ensure you use the Personal Statement section to fully explain why your skills, personality and experience make you the right person for the job.