Fast-paced department within a factory environment. Applying, business quality standards to all operations ensuring company, customer and legislative, requirements are met and maintained.
Summary of duties & responsibilities:
- Maintaining food safety and legality for both our BRC standard and customer policies.
- Routine assessments of raw material quality throughout the process against product specifications.
- Ensuring that out of specification results are immediately communicated with appropriate corrective action.
- Auditing of all areas within the factory ensuring GMP compliance with company procedures.
- Assisting the Technical Team Leader with the calibration of equipment (scales/thermometers).
- Routine spot checks on the lines to include CCP’s (Critical Control Points), labelling, quality and traceability.
- Completing internal audits to the business annual schedule.
- Assisting with third party audits (e.g. BRC).
- Monitor allergen control and segregation across the site.
- Collection of product, environmental and water samples for routine testing.
- Assist with complaint investigation and actions.
- Countersigning daily label record checks to ensure compliance.
- Completion of documentation and quality records were required.
- Conduct weekly hygiene and GMP audit’s with the Quality Manager/Technical Team Leader.
- Assisting in product launches to ensure product is manufactured to correct specifications during the trial process and on day of production.
- Assist with departmental projects as directed by the Technical Manager.
- Training and coaching the QA and production teams on a day to day basis.
- Operate in a safe working manner and support the business on continuous improvement relating to quality, health safety and environment.
- Site QA and Falmouth QA site cover when required (sickness/holiday).
- Working closely with senior management team to achieve goals and targets.
Reports to: Quality Manager
Works with: Technical Team
Hours of work: 48 hr week Monday to Friday working every third Saturday (flexible Sunday day and night shift cover as and when required)
Rate of pay: £Negotiable, very competitive
Contract type: Permanent
For more about us, and to make an application, click APPLY NOW