Senior Underwriting Technician - Commercial Lines
- Be a part of a National evolving Commercial Underwriting function within a reputable and stable organisation
- Salary up to £50k depending on experience, plus annual bonus of up to
- Hybrid homeworking available which allows you to work from home 80% of the time
About the roleWe have an exciting opportunity available for a diligent Commercial Underwriting professional to join us as a Senior Technician.
The role holder will act as one of the most senior referral points for our Regional Underwriting teams, dealing with complex referrals across a variety of commercial products for both new and existing business.
You will monitor and report on technical activity and capability of the Underwriting teams and will work with the Team Leader collaboratively to build on this capability through effective training and coaching.About youWith your previous commercial underwriting experience, you will be familiar with handling more complex cases and referrals whilst supporting more junior team members with their development.
As well as a strong technical background, you will also be able to demonstrate stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to challenge and influence where necessary.Benefits and rewardsWhen you join our team,â you can expectâ a supportive cultureâ andâ anâ attractive range ofâ rewards and benefitsâ including:â â â
- Salary - up to £50k depending on experience
- Annual bonus (up to of salary)â â
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
- A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
- £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership - subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing planâ - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Access to voluntary benefits, including health assessments, private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee Volunteering - volunteerâ in the community for one day each year
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance coverâ of 4 x salary
- Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance ;
Working at NFU MutualWe'reâ one of the UK's leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 110 yearsâ we'veâ put our customers at the heart of everything we ; Ourâ peopleâ are just as important to ; Weâ pride ourselves on being "a great place to work" andâ areâ one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the onlyâ organisationâ with headquarters in the UK,â to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2022 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Topâ 25â Companies List ; â â
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.