MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange the shipping of Trikes & Accessories using our freight forwarders, complying with all relevant HMRC protocols and record keeping criteria, producing and checking essential shipping documentation required by customers and suppliers, including customs documentation.
- Dealing with all other aspects of the shipping process including problem solving, ensuring invoices are correct and dealing with errors made by the freight forwarders.
- Communication with dealers/customers.
- Develop key relationships with external logistics providers.
- Support the Sales Manager with quotes and sales orders, managing the Production Schedule to ensure all orders are processed timely, accurately and effectively.
- Send payment requests and take payments, producing invoices and completing SAP entries.
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods.
- Work under the guidance of another department head to meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by the Line Manager
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
Attributes - Relevant Experience/Education/Training
- Work and non-related work experience relevant to the job and organisation
Essential - Technical/Operational
- Familiarity with accounting software (SAP)
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite (particularly Word and Excel).
- Experience with export processes and customs procedures.
- Experience with using freight forwarders/logistics companies, ie; Fedex/DHL/UPS
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Dangerous Goods qualification
- Industry related qualifications or memberships (BIFA, Institute of Export & International Commerce, The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), CIPS).
Attributes - Qualities, knowledge & skills
- Personal skills, qualities, behaviour, most of these will be essential as many of these cannot be trained
- Good mathematical skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Integrity; honesty
- Customer-service skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Organisational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-direct and manage time to meet deadlines and achieve tasks set by management.
- Good communicator, at all levels, fit for purpose with teams and individuals
- Strong team worker, supports others, takes responsibility, works to a joint plan, updates and communicates well
- Able to follow process and procedure to ensure efficiency in working
- Open and honest, able to speak up when needed and approachable to other colleagues
- A passion for the product that enhances ways of working