A graduate is sought as a Student Communications Assistant for the University of Exeter. The role involves creative contenting for newsletters, press releases, emails, web pages, blog articles & presentations. This 12 month role is remote working initially, then Exeter once COVID restrictions lift.
The post holder will join the Student Communications Team to support student communications and engagement activity across the University, working closely with current students throughout.
The team supports a full range of key campaigns such as promotion and use of student feedback, wellbeing, the National Student Survey and partnership in education. At this moment ensuring that new and returning students are informed and prepared throughout the upcoming academic year in the context of the continuing COVID-19 crisis.
The post-holder will report to the Student Communications Manager and will be part of the Student Communications team.
The Communications Assistant will support the implementation and delivery of a number of project level plans/campaigns and will be required to support the Student Communication Manager to manage and execute significant aspects of these communications plans/campaigns. This will include generating news stories, social media, writing copy for publications and websites, writing emails, administrative support, co-ordinating feedback and queries and monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of campaigns.
The post-holder will also support the development and dissemination of student-led content, including videos, web pages, campaign materials, social media campaigns and events.
Main duties and accountabilities:
- Support the Student Communications Manager in the development and execution of the Student Communications and Engagement Plan for 2020/21
- Collate and produce creative content, including editing and proof reading, for newsletters, press releases, emails, web pages, blog articles and presentations.
- To ensure that the needs of students and feedback and suggestions from current students are at the heart of all our planned activity, including leading on testing proposals and gathering data and feedback on the student communications and engagement experience, and working closely with the Students’ Guild and Students’ Union as representative bodies.
- Source information from colleagues across the university where appropriate, building and maintaining relationships and ensuring contributions are received to deadlines.
- Support the Student Communications Manager through administrative duties and to create and deliver a range of communications in line with their communications planning.
- Support the Student Communications Manager to manage and continually improve a suite of internal and external communications channels.
- Support the Student Communications Manager and Student Media team to create content for internal and external communications channels.
- Support the development and management of core communication documents and communications toolkit materials, including emails, articles, posters, digital and web material.
- To manage and co-ordinate all queries in relation to projects, ensuring logs are kept up-to-date and weekly reports are created.
- To maintain and develop project specific webpages ensuring the website contains up to date and relevant information.
- To edit and rewrite content of web pages as required and action recommended editorial improvements to a number of publications and websites.
- To work alongside the Press Team and Community Liaison Officer to ensure external communications are regular and up to date.
- To work alongside members of the Digital Team to keep specific internal/external facing web content up to date.
- To work with the Student Communications Manager to devise and deploy communications across all platforms and track the effectiveness of those efforts.
- To work with other departments in the University to support both project communications and engagement across all platforms.
- To support the Student Communications Manager and Social Media team to deliver an effective social media engagement strategy using, for example but not exclusively, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- To be able to work as part of a specialist team and to work positively and successfully with other members of the communications team(communications officers, Student Communications Manager, web and digital managers, designers and communications assistants, project managers); as well as with other colleagues/teams working at the University.
- Provide communications administrative and operational support to the Student Communications Manager as required, and to help ensure all communications activities and messages are delivered effectively.
- Provide support for event diary management, team meetings, planning meetings and event co-ordination.
- To be an agent of change and cultivate a style that is outward looking, keen to innovate and dedicated to delivering a high quality, customer focused service.
- To be able to deal with multiple tasks, to prioritise, adapt and respond appropriately and with the degree of immediacy required in any given situation.
This job description summarises the main duties and accountabilities of the post and is not comprehensive: the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties of similar level and responsibility. All team members are required to work flexibly and across other teams as required on projects and other pieces of work.
- A degree from a UK university in the last 3 years.
Experience & knowledge:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- Understanding of propriety in communications
- Understanding of communications plans
- Understanding of the Exeter student experience and the requirements of our students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including copywriting, and editing for different audiences, writing complex emails, as well as writing for the web and social media platforms
- Ability to deliver on plan / deadline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Good IT user skills, including MS Office and web page editing
- Networking and developing contacts
- Attention to detail
- Ability to motivate and generate enthusiasm in others
- Confidence to present knowledge and expertise to others
- Be self-motivated and use initiative to find solutions / deliver on a task
- A finalist or recent (within last 3 years) graduate of a full undergraduate or postgraduate degree from a UK university (or if you have attended a British university on ERASMUS programme).
- Available for full time hours and employment between the start and end date.
- The Right to Work in the UK for the full duration of the internship. We welcome all applicants and the diversity they bring, however immigration legislation will not currently allow the University to apply for a sponsorship certificate for GBPs.
- This GBP cannot be used as a full-time Year in Industry student placement.
- You cannot apply for another GBP at the University of Exeter if the duration of the GBPs go beyond 23 months in total.
Experience & knowledge:
- Experience of creating communications plans
- Experience of working with web content management systems
- Ability to conceptualise film, animations and graphics for use in student media.
- Experience of producing, filming and editing videos, producing animations and/or creating graphics
- Sound analytical and organisational skills
- Planning skills
This role is remote working initially, then Exeter once COVID restrictions lift.
To apply for this role please click this link to download and complete our internship application and submit via the APPLY NOW button.