Trelonk Ltd are seeking a passionate and forward-thinking Technical Manager to oversee and develop the day to day farm operations. The role is highly varied including field work across all seasons but weighted towards office based R & D, science, agronomy, and record keeping as Trelonk aims be a leading example of a model farm enterprise.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering quality oils into Trelonk Ltd cultivated under GAP
- Managing external Contractors and consultants
- Compliance and record keeping
- Crop Husbandry and trial cropping
- Novel crop research.
- Managing operational process flows procurement and supply chains.
- Maintaining land, hedges and buildings
- Maintaining the countryside Stewardship Programme. (year 1 of 5)
- Primary processing of harvested crops
- You will be willing to re-locate (if you aren’t here in beautiful Cornwall already) to live within a short commute to the TR2 5PA postcode.
- Self-motivated ability to work independently
- Strong environmental consideration
- Preferably scientifically minded regarding Agri-tech and botany
- Relevant education from Agricultural college or plant-science degree
- Strong management & organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of the industry
- The ability to self-manage
- Meticulous record keeping
- Trelonk Ltd is based on the Roseland in Cornwall and the business is in an exciting phase of growth. Made up of adjoining departments, including Construction and Maintenance, Hospitality Services, Farming and Retail Product Sales.
- Trelonk estate itself is home to a major tenant operating in Life Sciences, for which Facilities Management and Hospitality Services will be provided.
- Trelonk Ltd is an early stage Agri-Tech business vertically integrated from growing nutraceutical crops for oil production through to developing unique formulas with our scientific partnership and CO2 extraction plant. The core commercial strategy is the sale of specialist medicinal product ingredients. We are developing a hybrid business model of B2B Agri-Tech services for the wholesale of high-end plant derived oil formulas and B2C Nutraceuticals and Wellbeing Product sales originating from or manufactured on the Trelonk estate.
- Trelonk Farm is a progressive farming enterprise, diversified into cultivating over 150 acres of specialist oil seed crops, undertaking cropping trials and R&D work. The farm is to shift towards regenerative practices and maintain Good Agricultural Practices across all operations, with environmental focus paramount.
- Trelonk is part of a parent company - Parnall Group https://parnall.net
Join us on social media!
- You'll find us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
How to apply
Please click APPLY now where you will be redirected to the Unlocking Potential Jobs platform. You will be asked to upload your CV and cover letter, outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, in a single document.
- Closing date 30/9/2020
- Interviews week commencing 1/10/2020