We are looking for a Technical Product Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team
As a Technical Product Support Engineer your main focus will be to provide highly visible customer service. You will also carry out on-site visits to support our UK and International dealers and OEMs, deliver remote telephone support, develop and deliver training on our products, and oversee the diagnoses, troubleshooting, service and repairs of Topcon equipment and systems.
You will have experience of working in either the agricultural or industrial sector, with the ability to read and understand technical documents. A degree or equivalent in Engineering, Technology or Agricultural Sciences is required and previous relevant engineering or product support experience would be beneficial.
To be successful in the role you will be technically minded with the ability to understand the workings of our new and existing products to enable you to provide high quality customer support. You should be able to collaborate with other team members across the global and other teams. It is key that you have the ability to work independently and show a high level of ownership.
This is a permanent, full time (37.5 hours a week) role.
The role is based at our site in Minchinhampton near Stroud, Gloucestershire but you will have the opportunity to travel both nationally and internationally as required.
Specific details about the role can be found on the job description below.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide field and phone support, including recording of all relevant information such as action taken and resolution using our CRM system.
- Assist in developing technical training material (Instructor Guides, Student Guides, Labs, and Shop Guides) related to Topcon product(s).
- Assist in designing and inclusion of continuous enhancements to training material.
- Maintain a safe and healthy training environment, following organisation standards and adhering to legal requirements.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Update and maintain technical knowledge.
- Monitor dealer personnel and field team member’s skill sets, assess and analyse their skill levels, and develop and implement appropriate training programs to continuously improve the effectiveness of all parties representing Topcon products in the marketplace.
- Execute test plans for problem solving, troubleshooting, reverse engineering and product failures.
- Assist technical staff to refine field notes, electrical schematics, hydraulic schematics, and photographs gathered during product installation.
- Work with and communicate to Topcon’s Support Manager issues affecting the company’s ability to deliver field support to our dealer network.
- Deliver training as requested, both internal and external.
- Attend Trade Shows, both nationally and internationally as required.
Required experience, skill and knowledge
- Degree in an Engineering, Technology or Agricultural Sciences discipline or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with or within the agriculture/industrial sector, companies and/or customer, ideally within a product support or engineering role.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the principles and processes to providing first class customer services, including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills enabling clear and accurate delivery of information to key stakeholders.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office suite, in particular Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and understand wiring schematic drawings.
- Able to manage own workload with minimal supervisor whilst maintaining flexibility in job role.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, ensuring deadlines and expectations are meant.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail and creative solutions.
- Ability to perform under pressure within a team environment.
- Ability to direct and support others to efficiently transform large amounts of data into useful information for training curriculum.
- Able to ascend and descend from agricultural vehicles and machinery.
- Able to travel across the UK and internationally, and work from other Topcon sites on occasions.
- Language proficiency skills in French, Spanish, Italian or German as well as English would be an advantage.
To apply send a CV and covering letter to us by clicking APPLY NOW