A Technical Sales Adviser (Marketing) is required by Mike Wye, a national award winning sustainable building and decoration manufacturer/supplier in North Devon. The role involves providing technical support to the existing team; assisting customers and suppliers. This is a permanent grad position.
Employer: Mike Wye & Associates Ltd
Place of employment: Buckland Filleigh Sawmills, Buckland Filleigh, Devon EX21 5RN
No of Employees: 26
The company has seen significant growth in recent years to become an industry-leading, multi-million pound business. Mike Wye are national award winning manufacturers and suppliers of traditional and sustainable building and decorating products.
Mike Wye encourage environmentally conscious activities within its workforce – with cycle to work schemes, car sharing, and an electrical car charge point on site. We also support a healthy work-life balance by holding a firm stance on business opening hours and an extended company break over the Christmas period.
£22,880 per annum
Permanent job offer for the right candidate, reviewed after 10 weeks.
40 hours per week.
Purpose of Role
- To assist with the smooth operation of the office in processing orders, assisting customers, dealing with suppliers, inputting to our computer system, liaising with warehouse staff.
- To achieve a good knowledge of our product range and their application in order to advise customers (ongoing training will be provided).
- Providing technical support to the existing team with a requirement to develop a specialist area of expertise
- Investigating and evaluating new products for sale
- Ideally (but not essential) an interest or qualification to support the company’s marketing and social media activities.
Daily tasks include:
- Taking orders from customers by phone, email and in person
- Liaising with production staff to ensure adequate stocks to meet demand
- Organising delivery and collection of orders
- Offering friendly, sound advice by phone, email and in person
- Helping to ensure that there are adequate supplies of goods and materials in stock
- Undertaking whatever tasks are required for the smooth running of the business
Personal qualities and skills required:
- Commitment to the success of the firm and satisfaction of its customers
- Conscientious approach to all tasks, however minor
- Numeracy, literacy and computer literacy
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as a team member
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
Training and Support:
- After an initial induction with the General Manager, employees are trained in essential areas to ensure they are both understanding and compliant with law, safety and other necessary procedures to competently carry out their role.
- Employees predominantly work within an open office environment with ongoing support from a close team of experts and advisors
- We encourage all staff to learn fundamental aspects of the business which is supported by undertaking our practical courses with members of the public.
- Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years.
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship.
Closing Date: 21/02/2019
Interview Date: 28/02/2019
Start Date: 04/03/2019
End Date: Permanent
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW