At Bishop Fleming our graduates get the ICAEW ACA Qualification, invaluable work experience, and they are paid to do it! Full expenses are covered for your ACA course.
We have live vacancies in the following locations: Exeter, Plymouth, Bristol, Torquay, Bath and Worcester.
Being recognised as a key player from day one, you will be an integral part of the audit team and will be quickly going out to clients as well as working from the office on accounts and audit projects. The job is varied, dealing with a wide range of very interesting and varied corporate clients and charities, including academies. In a nutshell, you will gain rapid experience in audit and accounts preparation, setting you up to be the business advisers of the future.
Ranked as a Top 30 firm, you will be joining one of the UK’s fastest growing accountancy practices with 29 partners across 7 offices located throughout the wider South West. We offer a vibrant contemporary work place that is smart, modern, and approachable with a high level of integrity. Our trainees describe us as “friendly and supportive”, which reflects our refreshingly different culture.
With excellent communication skills you will be keen to get to know clients, providing professional advice to add real value to their business. You may also get the opportunity to gain experience in other specialist departments such as tax, corporate finance and business recovery.
Our Career Track takes into account different personalities and preferences - you might want to begin your career in audit, but then move into tax, accounts or one of our specialist areas in time. Once you have your ACA qualification, the right people can quickly move up to Executive status and through our management structure, building your own portfolio of clients.
You will have:
• 2:1 Degree or higher – Any discipline will be considered. Alternatively you will be AAT Qualified
• A minimum of 2 A Levels (Or Equivalent) Grade A*-C with ideally Maths or a Business related subject at Grade B minimum
• A minimum of 9 GCSE’s (Or Equivalent) Grade A*-C with Maths Grade B as a minimum
• Excellent IT skills and a confident user of Microsoft Office Suite (Particularly MS Excel)
• Full Clean Driving Licence – ideally with access to car
You will be:
• Ambitious, hardworking and a self-motivated team player
• An excellent communicator (both oral and verbal) who possesses confident interpersonal skills
• Able to work well under pressure, be well organised and enjoy working with a variety of clients
• Competitive salary 6 monthly salary reviews with a generous increase upon qualification
• Annual salary review after qualifying
• Study support including tuition fees, materials and time off to study
• 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays increasing to 25 days plus Bank Holidays when ceasing study support or finished training contract, plus the option to buy up to a week.
• Hours 36.25 per week
• Life Assurance (3 x Salary)
• Personal Pension, Employer 3% Employee 2%
• Critical Illness Scheme
• Fully paid health scheme after probationary period via Simplyhealth
• Contributory Private Health Scheme (Subject to Insurers Terms)
• On-going structured performance appraisal scheme resulting in your own Performance and Development Review
• Opportunities for inter-office/department experience
• Training CPD Support
• We are a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer
We are a responsible employer - committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our ‘One Firm’ approach aims to provide a culture where our people are valued and treated fairly with respect, but also one where our differences are understood and celebrated.
We hope that these objectives will attract you to our firm as an employer of choice.
*Joining Bonus does not apply to trainee roles
To make an application, click APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW!