SunGift Solar Limited (SunGift) are award-winning, innovative renewable energy experts, based in Exeter. Founded in 2005, we have been at the forefront of the fast-moving clean energy sector for many years. As a Tesla installer (both Powerpack and Powerwall), we’re dedicated to delivering cutting edge technology and a world-class service to our customers.
At SunGift we are friendly and approachable. This is a great opportunity to join our team to kick-start your career in renewable energy. We understand the importance of investing in our team and we like to give employees the opportunity to grow alongside the business.
Purpose of Role
Our design team is key to what we do, as the starting point for our customers and their projects. We are experts in renewable energy and we believe in designing the best possible bespoke renewable energy systems for our customers.
The role will consist of supporting the design team and facilitating the efficient running of the department, whilst shadowing and learning from senior members of the team, with a view to developing your skills and knowledge and eventually taking on your own projects.
This is an opportunity to join, and to learn from, an expert team of renewable energy enthusiasts and to play your part in the energy revolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your initial day-to-day responsibilities are set out below.
- Preparing customer proposals for domestic PV surveyors
- Using 3D modelling software to design PV systems
- Designing and pricing initial quotes for customers
- Liaising with SunGift’s customers, includingdealing with queries and making follow up calls after quotations have been sent out
- Booking in survey appointments and managing survey calendar
- Responding to incoming enquiries via phone and email
- Working with other departments to facilitate the smooth running of projects
- Generally assisting the team with their day to day work
- Working with and assisting the project management team to ensure smooth running of domestic installations
- Raising and managing Distribution Network Operator enquiries
- Administering the client relationship management system
- Reporting to management with sales and enquiry figures. Ensuring that recorded sales figures are accurate
You will receive full training & support to enable you to carry out the above key responsibilities, which will assist you in getting to grips with the renewable energy systems we install and with how the company works.
Training and Development
Alongside the key responsibilities above, you will undertake a range of training and development. This will include, for example:
- Accompanying senior members of the design team on surveys and at customer meetings
- Observing on-site installations to gain a practical understanding of how systems are installed and how this impacts on system design and pricing
- Scheduled time with our technical experts
- Accompanying the team to relevant shows and exhibitions
- Formal training and/or qualifications will be discussed once the role is underway, but may include:
- basic electrical training
- CAD training
- renewable energy sector specific training courses
- manufacturer specific training relating to the various equipment we work with
At SunGift, many of our team’s roles have developed and evolved over time. We would envisage that the right candidate would make this role their own, learn from our expert team and in time take on a more technical role.
Level of Support
This role will be as part of our expert design team and the successful candidate will work closely with the team and with their manager. We will provide plenty of support and direction but we are looking for someone with drive and initiative who is able to complete work to a very high standard.
We would anticipate quite a steep learning curve for the successful candidate.
Other Benefits, Rewards and Recognition
- Commission scheme available
- Discounts on renewable energy products and payment schemes for employee homeowners
- Ongoing in-house training
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Develop your career in the fast-paced world of renewable energy and storage
- Team-oriented and supportive environment
- Great working environment, including green space in a beautiful rural setting on the outskirts of Exeter
We are happy to provide full training and support for the right candidate. However we are looking for someone who actively wants a career in the green energy industry and who has the potential to grow and develop their role within SunGift.
At SunGift we strive to be the best at what we do and to make the world a better place through high quality clean energy systems. Our ethos is what sets us apart from the competition and so the right candidate will share this ethos and be willing to learn to carry out their role the SunGift way.
- have a strong motivation to work in the renewable energy industry
- be able to work in a busy environment and to deadlines
- be able to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- have excellent customer service skills
- have excellent organisational & interpersonal skills
- be adaptable, flexible and a quick learner
- be willing to assist in different areas of the business as required
- have excellent attention to detail
Graduate of a UK university within the last 3 years
Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship without the need for sponsorship
Closing date: 12/06/2019
Interview date: 21/06/2019
Start date: 01/07/2019 (flexible)
End date: 12 months from start date
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: http://ex.ac.uk/bqu. Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW