EC4P from Thinkstep is an award-winning web platform and environmental consultancy, focussed on helping electronics manufacturers minimise the environmental impact of their electronic waste, end-of-life products and waste packing in a scalable, robust fashion. This is managed through a combination of expert consultancy to set up recycling arrangements around the world and our web-based reporting and registration facilities.
As we have grown our technical needs have grown, and we are looking to build an in-house web development team to further develop our award-winning cloud-based environmental web platform and meet the needs of our rapidly growing business and high-profile international clientele.
About the team
We are a passionate team, driven by our desire to improve the world we live in through the application of knowledge and technology, and as a relatively small and independent unit within Thinkstep, we are able to act agilely and see our ideas put into practice.
We work closely in our Box, Wiltshire office, and frequently travel together to industry events and conferences both in the UK and abroad.
About this role
We’re seeking an all-rounder web developer to extend, develop and maintain our award winning PHP7/Laravel/Vue based web application.
The role will allow you to work on a modern, PHP7/Laravel/Vue web application, and have ownership of technical decisions and implementation details to drive the platform forwards.
You will be maintaining and extending the existing application, and will be working closely with the product owner to ensure the business needs are met. While the work will mostly be on the technical side of things, you will also be designing and implementing UX solutions for new and existing needs on the application.
As well as having strong technical skills, you are ideally a self-starter with a passion for all things environmental, and involvement in the direction and thought behind the business is an area that this role would be expected to grow into. You will be supported internally by the business team, but this role will be the first of our primarily technical hires, with more to follow.
Finally, the candidate will later have a role in mentoring and supporting an in-house development team, which will grow as the business requires.
- You have an up-to-date, solid knowledge of PHP7
- You have a working knowledge of the Laravel framework
- You have a design eye, even though code is your primary strength
- You have a working knowledge of Sass or similar
- You have a working knowledge of Bootstrap.js or similar
- You understand the importance of TDD including unit testing
- You have worked with version control systems, ideally with Git
- You are an enthusiastic individual who isn’t afraid to put your ideas forwards
- You’re a great communicator with a desire to work in a creative, Agile manner
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code and follow coding standards
- You are a self-starter who enjoys working with others, but also likes to put the headphones on and crank out code
- You have an interest in understanding and having input in other elements of the business, such as:
- work processes for data reporting etc.
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services platform
- Experience with Vue.js and supported packages
- Experience with the Laravel ecosystem and associated official packages (Echo/Pusher, Envoyer/Forge, Passport, Horizon)
- You have experience of working in a commercial environment
- £25,000 - £30,000 starting salary with 10% uplift on completion of 3 month training program
- Opportunities for promotion and career advancement during bi-annual review cycle
- Powerful machine
- High spec company laptop and smartphone
- Flexible hours
- Option to work from home 3 days per week after completion of training, monitor/workstation provided for your home office
- Generous pension
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Training budget each year to help you level-up and learn the latest tricks
- International travel
- Optional travel to industry conferences and events in UK and abroad
- Best of both worlds
- Work at a fast growing company which has a start-up feel but with enterprise job security!
- We offer 27 paid holiday days in addition to all public holidays
To make an application, click APPLY NOW