Our candidates are a talented bunch. And they all want to work in the south west. Most are studying here but we also attract those that have studied elsewhere and want to return to the region.
We reach both active and passive candidates via our job board, jobs bulletin and popular social media channels. Where it will add value, we also cross-post vacancies on other carefully selected graduate job boards.
Most candidates are looking for their first or second job after graduating. We think they merit a fair recruitment process, a decent salary and lots of training and development. If you can offer this, we're the right graduate job board for you.
What do graduates offer?
- Have an advanced capacity for learning and excellent knowledge of their subject
- Bring fresh ideas and new perspectives
- Seek out responsibility and take ownership of their workload
- Rapidly become productive and adapt to the work environment
- Make dedicated employees who bring transferable skills which make a positive impact on the business
- Many of our graduates tell us that they are interested in working within the south west. Throughout this guide you will see videos of businesses that have successfully attracted, recruited and developed graduate talent.
Employees are your most valuable asset so getting it right is important. Poor recruitment, selection and development can have financial, business and human costs which are easy to avoid with a little thought and planning. Take a look at our recruitment guide to help get it right.
Every year, around 40,000 graduates and postgraduates enter the labour market from south west universities. That's a big pool of talent for you to select from.
Our links with Universities and Colleges
We work directly with senior careers professionals in universities and colleges in south west England and beyond - to bring the very best candidates to work in the south west. Each university and college supports graduates slightly differently. Our ability to accommodate this difference makes us unique in enjoying direct campus links.
Our university and college partners recommend us for graduate vacancies, for more information please see:
- Cornwall College
- Falmouth University
- University of Exeter
- Plymouth Marjon University (St Mark & St John)
- Plymouth College of Art
We regularly attend events and work with Universities and Colleges across the south west and beyond to attract talent to the region. In addition to our partners, we have recently been working with: Bath Spa University, Bournemouth University, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff University, University Centre Somerset, South Devon College, University of Bath, University of the West of England (UWE), and Plymouth University. These strong campus links allow us to reach a large pool of students and graduates who come to us looking for jobs.